Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 are Pc games threatened by these next gen cons ?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
are Pc games threatened by these next gen cons ? - Nov 28, 2005 16:31
i have always been a console gamer until recently when i start playing pc games more than ever before. i still prefer consoles games, Resident evil 4, Okami, shadow of colossus, final fantasy, zelda and the list is still long , those games cannot be found on the PC. However, current consoles are dying and x box is almost dead, for now there is not a single reason to go and pick up this console, ps2 is showing its very aging graphics after its fourth year, so my point is , only decent pc' s would let you have a smooth transition from current gen to next gen.

but what really strikes me is:

when the PS2 came out or dreamcast, those consoles had much lower specs in comparaison of the average pc' s at that time, and still they delivered so so much better graphics .

how now these next gen console will affect pc games, knowing that these (for the first time i guess) have much powerful specs than the highest pc today (3 cores, Cell anyone??), what should we expect from graphics (call of duty 2 look awesome on the 360 but is it what we expecting from the console?)

and let' s not take into consideration very rich people in this, who' s going to buy a 7800 GT for a $400 ?? let' s take the exemple of call of duty 2 ? what system do you need to run it with " almost" as beautiful graphics as the 360 version with no loss of performance ??

3ghz CPU + 7800 GT + 1 Go ram that' s around $600 only for these three componenets === then you should go with all headeachs that computers are sure to deliver (incompatibility with the new hardware, bugs ooh nightmare ....)

Hey i' m in late 2006 and the 360 delivers extremly good graphics but my PC can' t really keep up, oooh Gears of wars is out for pc as well (ook let' s just consider that), damn it looks awesome on 360 but damn if my pc should run that well the 7800 gt might be fine but the 3ghz naaah now i need a dual core cpu and 2 go ram, again a lot of cash is needed, and that' s worse my whooole pc should change since the whole structure that should support the dual core is needed, i should change my motherboard as well and may be the hard drive and finaly the game is not perfectly optimized....

yes it' s sad, no matter what you say or be, the true experience of gaming and fun is delivered by the consoles, even if your an FPS fan i think that the controler can do the job, not as good as a mouse and keyboard but still, next gen consoles have extremly more value than buying a PC for games nowadays... and i think this round, it wil take a very long time until pc' s will catch up on consoles...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll