Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Elveon is a game about elves :P for ps3,xbox360 and pc!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Elveon is a game about elves :P for ps3,xbox360 and pc! - Jun 24, 2006 00:08
So what do you guys think about this game?
Will it flop or be a good game?
I think you play as a elf king or create your own elf and is supposed to liberate a city and places that has been taken over by demons and its a action rpg and it use Unreal engine 3.0 as mass effect and gears of war.

The developers are from Slovakia so i don' t know which games they previously done,but if you get the UE 3.0 they better have a good rep or good publisher who bought the rights to use it in their games.

Here is some in game -pictures.

Anyway seeing how this game will have a lot of elfs fighting demons and since you play some elf in a action rpg it might be cool ;)
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Elveon is a game about elves :P for ps3,xbox360 and pc! - Jun 24, 2006 00:18
i saw that game´s trailer and i was disapointed with it...the scenarios were gorgeous but characters weren´t that great...the other thing that disapointed me was that the trailer didn´t give any clue about actual gameplay...only scripted events...

anyway as i already said the scenarios were gorgeous
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Elveon is a game about elves :P for ps3,xbox360 and pc! - Jun 24, 2006 00:22
Yepp,but games that use unreal engine 3.0 deserve to be recognized and being covered by gamesites.
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Elveon is a game about elves :P for ps3,xbox360 and pc! - Jun 24, 2006 00:30
yeah...i never heard of that slovakian team so if they can do that with ue3.0 with little experience then they deserve a closer look
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Elveon is a game about elves :P for ps3,xbox360 and pc! - Jun 24, 2006 00:32
I saw a screenshot of this game and thought WOW! then I saw the elf and that
demon thing fighting and I was like... BAD, BAD! Art direction...

Then I lost interest in the game, the graphics look nice but what they showed at E3
was too stiff.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Elveon is a game about elves :P for ps3,xbox360 and pc! - Jun 24, 2006 01:27
Is it just me, just gettin sick of Unreal Engine 3 Games, unless heavily work on [aka Brothers In Arms 3] they kind of have this ' gengric sheen' .

Ok, not so much in this game, but just in general.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Elveon is a game about elves :P for ps3,xbox360 and pc! - Jun 24, 2006 01:50

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Is it just me, just gettin sick of Unreal Engine 3 Games, unless heavily work on [aka Brothers In Arms 3] they kind of have this ' gengric sheen' .

Ok, not so much in this game, but just in general.

Same with games developed using the Doom 3 engine.

I know what you mean and agree 100%. It takes a lot of effort to get away from the shiny, mechanical look. Organics are reportedlyt hard to do, as ar realistic facial expressions.

NAMCO are coding geniuses, but look at Frame City Killer to see what no ezperience with that kind of engine gives you.

This looks a little Too Human to me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message