Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 02, 2005 15:21
IGN.com

Wtf!? thats just over whelming for some reason, but very friggin amazing! Remeber thats in-game your looking at.

I dunno about NBA Live tho...I guess it looks nice, however I dont think it comes close to this.

here' s a glimpse

I guess the ball can be worked on just a tad bit but I highly doubt lack of realism will be noticed in that area, with the 10,000 individual crowd members, authentic lighting, and

ntroducing an all-new graphics engine, the game captures animations down to a player' s individual muscle system, depicting true human body movement and incredible details including enhanced sweat technology.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 2 Oct 05 23:24:52 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 02, 2005 15:37
Shame i hate basketball...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 02, 2005 16:23
Plastic Shaq looks awesome! The video is really cool except that I don' t care for the music, but all games support custom soundtracks so that' s a non-issue. I really liked how the clothing had ripples in it from the air.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 02, 2005 18:14
Nice. Although I didn' t know basketballers shaved their armpits
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 02, 2005 19:16
How many hairy athletes are out there?
Joe Redifer

RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 02, 2005 20:53
Perhaps in the next generation of systems (after Xbox360, PS3 et al) we will see some photo-realistic graphics! Bring on the PS 4 and Xbox420!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 03, 2005 01:23
That game just looks amazing. It is really fun comparing that shitty EA basketball game to it, u know the one where their faces are all messed up and instead of muscles the players have a bunch of loose fat.

Yeah, but it is a shame I' m not that big a fan of basketball games, perhaps my roomate will buy it, who knows, maybe the gameplay is really awesome too.

I can' t wate to toke it up with the xbox 420.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 03, 2005 07:34
Haha! " enhanced sweat technology" . Just listen to it, it sounds so funny. Imagine the reaction you would get If you say that to a person who didn' t know you were talking about video games. Man that would be fun! Looks like good technology though, except that it looks like they have some strange shine around them.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 03, 2005 19:40
I' m not a big fan of sports games, but those are awesome pics.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 04, 2005 01:37
I think another thing that makes it look that much better is how background objects are blurry and out of focus, while the objects you are supposed to be looking at are in focus. In real life you can only focus at one thing at a time, and the other stuff far away is blurry, and its like this in movies and video because a camera works the same way. Its going to be one of those special effects that seperates the new generation from the old generation.

I' m having trouble playing my old games now that I see all these shiny new graphics. uhhhhhg hury up november 22.
Joe Redifer

RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 04, 2005 04:31
Yes, that " effect" is called depth of field. It can help separate professional and amateur photographers and the like. It is a cool effect, just as long as it isn' t overused, exaggerated too much just for the sake of the effect or similar.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Holy S--- Look at the pics and vids for NBA 2k6 on 360... - Oct 04, 2005 16:21
To be fair I remember being pretty blown away by some Dreamcast basketball game back before it was released. I haven' t a clue why but they' ve always managed to look the best, first. Other games catch up eventually but it' s again a basketball game that is turning heads.

The only thing that registered in my head the fact it was in game and not pre-rendered was the animation. In was a little jerky in places but on the whole it was still good.

if other games come close to looking like this... using a similar clothes technology even (It' s the first time I' ve seen a t-shirt in a game not look like a solid object) I' ll be very happy with the next gen.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll