Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 16, 2005 20:35
WOW Capcom, please tell me this is a late April Fool' s joke, lol ;)

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0505/game050516b.shtml
gmasterluis

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 16, 2005 21:22
Unfortunately, that' s as real as it gets. It would' ve been much better if they would' ve shut their traps and let it stay a GameCube exclusive, but if they can get three copies sold by migrating consoles, they' ll do it.

Yup, something this size, all for the sake of a couple of game sales, and maybe a poin on their stock, could have screwed over a manufacturer' s current generation console.

I tip my hat to you Capcom. Good job. Oh, by the way, I loved Foxhunt :)
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 16, 2005 23:57
oh dear it does look a bit pap...

*strokes his GC copy of RE4*
AlphaX

• Total Posts : 16
RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 17, 2005 00:08
Think ill still buy the gc version, Cause that ps2 version looks like stevie wonder helped them.
evangelion

RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 17, 2005 00:10
lol!!

they should have just saved it for PS3 and had it as a launch title...

it' s like they are making fun of the PS2s capabilities...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 17, 2005 02:57
I think this will suit PS2 fans just fine since they have lower standards for graphics and certainly don' t expect things to look good.
Terry Bogard

RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 17, 2005 05:21
I' d hate to view the Gamefaqs PS2 and GameCube Resident Evil 4 sections, the wars this might cause I shutter to think, lol...
Owain

RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 17, 2005 06:00
Actually looks a lot better than i was expecting, i mean at least they haven' t added any thick fog.
Terry Bogard

RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 17, 2005 06:08
It supposedly looks much better in motion and runs smoothly with only a few hiccups here and there.. A lot of owners of the GameCube version are bitching over at Gamefaqs about how " incredibly pissed" they are because there appears to be extra storyline content in the form of extra cutscenes in the PS2 version.. I swear people will whine and bitch about anything, I mean HELLO! Owners of the GameCube version got to enjoy the game at the beginning of the year, SO friggin WHAT the end of the year PS2 version has extra content? I mean it' s the least Capcom could do for the technically inferior and later released version.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 17, 2005 07:17
Certainly people over at the gamefaqs boards will whine about anything. They' re probaly over there whining right now about the fact that you made this post here. I hate that place.
LoBo

• Total Posts : 13
RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 18, 2005 12:39
Graphically, yeah its horible.

But did anyone notice that all the men and women were carrying sticks? Okay thats an awesome plot!!!! LOL

Oh and one more thing,,,, did you notice that all the men look alike??

A whole lot of inbreading in this one!

Lets kill Jed, Jed, and Jed!!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 18, 2005 14:59
i swear you guys are turning more and more into fanboys [in the bad sense] who cares how the game looks/ how the console is designed etc.

In fact i think those boys at Capcom did a wonderfull job at converting it to the ps2, it still looks good, and would hold up to shots from the same gamecube version. And the extra stuff is nice, the gameplay is ace, and the story.. well at least you something right, eh capcom?
lordseafood

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 20, 2005 04:14
for f$$$ sake why has capcom done this? can nintendo get no exclusive games? is sony monopolising everything like EA does? bloody hell of course the PS2 version looks like shit but the fact they actually get to taste a gamecube game on their neanderthal console sickens me [ huge nintendo fanboy ]
Mr_Vandelay

• Total Posts : 17
RE: Resident Evil 4 - PS2 vs. GameCube - May 25, 2005 19:28
It looks great. In fact, from those screenshots, I' d say it' s the best-looking PS2 game, period. Earlier I did buy a Nintendo solely for this game, and I can honestly admit that it looks just as great on the PS2. I don' t understand why some people are getting upset over the port. It means more people will be able to enjoy the game, so what is wrong with that?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll