Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 3 info
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Halo 3 info - Jan 13, 2007 02:27
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156359

" Bungie Studios knows how to please their fans; even though the hype train for Halo 3 hasn' t even started from a marketing perspective, they' re keeping the hardcore hooked and drooling with tidbits about the game that only the diehard fans would really care about -- a.k.a. you. The latest reveal? An in-depth look at one of the new vehicles, the Mongoose.

" The M274 Ultra-light All-terrain Vehicle provides an alternate means of transporting messages, documents, and light cargo between units. It may also be used to transport forward observers, reconnaissance personnel and sniper teams. Its proven versatility has made it a vital asset to field commanders when used as an alternate means of communication." -- Bungie

A more detailed description and additional images of the vehicle, not to mention an example of you' d use the Mongoose during an actual multiplayer match, is available at Bungie' s website."

Is it just me or does this thing sound sorta pointless?
waxc3

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 13, 2007 04:36
sounds more fun than that 3 seater purple covenant floaty ship in halo2.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 13, 2007 04:48
Whatever dude, specters rocked.
waxc3

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 13, 2007 04:53
that is what they are called... yea.

well i only play single player so to me they were kind of a waste.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 13, 2007 05:44
I wonder if splattering somebody with the mongoose will be possible, or if it' s so light and open that it would result in damage or death to the driver.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 13, 2007 06:09
I never understood spectatorism watching random people play random match' s, really, what fun?

edit:
Right that was offtopic, but I seen Locopuyo say specters, and made me think of spectators. My point still stands.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 12 Jan 07 22:28:33 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 13, 2007 06:23

I never understood spectatorism watching random people play random match' s, really, what fun?

Well, that' s very cool. I' d rather have some concrete details about development than backstory any day, but still cool.
mastachefbkw

RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 13, 2007 06:42

Whatever dude, specters rocked.

Yeah, specters were awsome, you could use them to get out of levels such as Coagulation.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 13, 2007 08:34

I wonder if splattering somebody with the mongoose will be possible, or if it' s so light and open that it would result in damage or death to the driver.

They' ve already said you can, and they didnt mention damage or death.
mastachefbkw

RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 14, 2007 09:31

They' ve already said you can, and they didnt mention damage or death.

They say that now
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Halo 3 info - Jan 14, 2007 10:45

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

edit:
Right that was offtopic, but I seen Locopuyo say specters, and made me think of spectators. My point still stands.

Well Halo 2 is used for MLG (major league gaming) which has big contracts with TV companies now. I think they have a whole channel that is all game tournaments now too. Just like sports and other competitions people like watching the best players compete.

MLG has a VOD service that many people use to watch the best players play at tournaments. They learn strategies and stuff like that.

In CAL (Cyber Athlete League lol) counter-strike players are required to record their games and share them to prove they aren' t cheating.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll