Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 04, 2004 20:22
XBOX 2
- A Better controller
- Smaller Console Size
- A headphone jack

Playstation 3
- A different controller
- More controller ports
- A headphone jack

Nintendo
- DVD playing capability. Given Nintendo' s strong relationship with Matsushita(Panasonic), I can see it happening.
- A headphone jack

The Sega had the coolest idea with including a Headphone jack and volume adjustment feature on the original Sega Genesis!!
SNK did the same thing with their Neo-Geo.. I wish all console manufacturers would include such a feature in their consoles.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 05, 2004 00:22
I agree with all of it, except I hope the PS3 controller doesn' t change much, if any
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 05, 2004 00:47
All Systems
- Return to the six button layout
- A system that' s actually reliable!
- A more innovative package than DVD boxes

Neither of which are going to happen....

Playstation 2
- Longer controller wires
- Redesigned pad
- Power button in front
- Four controller ports
- Better system menu screen
- Broadband adapter included
- Harddrive or high compacity memory card at launch

Gamecube
- Sleeker design
- Redesigned pad
- Less accessories
- No mini-discs
- Broadband adapter included

X-Box
- Smaller and sleeker
- Redesigned duke
- More accessories
- A bucket of chicken
Regret in 2010

• Total Posts : 106
RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 00:14
You do know the Nintendo system is being called the Revolution and the Xbox system is being called the XBox Next, right?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 00:27
You do know that it' s way too early for us to be speculating about the names of the systems don' t you? Nintendo also named the Gamecube Dolphin for a while too...
Regret in 2010

RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 00:44
what i' m saying is that thats what theyre calling it for now. theyre releasing the design or the actual system or something (i forgot) next E3, and theyre gonna need something official to call it, or else a lot of people will always call it by its non-official name.
Regret in 2010

RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 00:46
by the way, whats up with the dorky pic of Brad Pitt? do u think hes hot or something?
yoshimitsu15

RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 02:20
Oh yeah...he' s totally dreamy...or maybe I have it up there because I thought Achilles was a badass character in Troy

Well here' s my point...You come into a thread and the only thing you can add is that the original poster didn' t use the right term for the next consoles coming out. That just seems like a really retarded thing to come out and say and not add any opinion to the topic. So why don' t you try again and add something to this thread other than stupidity.
Regret in 2010

RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 02:35
maybe stupidity is a talent of many for me, girly man. did my comment of your pic hurt your pride as a man? Or maybe your heel?

asta lavista, baby

maybe my thoughts were already listed
Regret in 2010

RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 02:37

Ask questions before you call someone stupid, moron
yoshimitsu15

RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 03:00

maybe stupidity is a talent of many for me,

Er...yeah...that' s a GREAT talent to have...stupidity that is. I' m sure you have many other talents to compliment it like short attention spans and stuttering.

This will be my last post acknowledging you in this thread as I don' t want to ruin a perfectly harmless thread.
< Message edited by yoshimitsu15 -- 9/7/2004 3:01:55 AM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 03:27
All systems:
-Full HDTV support
-Full 5.1 sound support.
-All games are free, at least to me. Double price for everyone else as a result.
-36 analog triggers per controller. In fact every button is a trigger, because Fathoms likes ' em.

New Nintendo
-Something that does NOT use gyroscopic controllers.
-Get rid of the stupid analog output that has been around since the SNES and use a new output jack compatible with RF, composite, S-Video, VGA, Component, and DVI.
-Support for 720p and 1080i and even 1080p
-Digital audio out with in game support for 5.1 Dolby Digital and maybe even 6.1 DTS. Get with the program Nintendo, quit living in the 1950' s!
-Controllers that aren' t mega weird. Nintendo is the " bizarre controller company" .
-One system color. Nothing childish. No stupid noise during startup (especially of babies laughing like the Gamecube. Arg!) Make startup sequences SKIPPABLE like the Saturn and Dreamcast! Only Sega is smart enough to do this.

New PlayStation
-Support for 720p and 1080i and even 1080p
-Digital audio out with in game support for 5.1 Dolby Digital and maybe even 6.1 DTS.
-Make startup sequences SKIPPABLE like the Saturn and Dreamcast! Only Sega is smart enough to do this. Sony has the slowest startup sequence in the history of game consoles, besides maybe the 3DO. Maybe Fathoms has time to wait since he doesn' t have any other plans, but I hate staring at the PlayStation screen while the system slowly figures out what the hell is going on.
-Lose support for CDs, DVDs and anything else that isn' t a game. I don' t want extra crap that I don' t need adding to the cost of the system.
-Better controller with a better d-pad and only 2 shoulder buttons instead of four.
-Don' t make the system so crappy next time... PS2' s have more of a tendency to break down than the other two systems because they are made with shoddy parts (as are most Sony products that contain moving parts). Sure, having people constantly replace their PS2' s really pads that " installed user base" , but I' d rather have the better hardware.

New Xbox
-Make startup sequences SKIPPABLE like the Saturn and Dreamcast! Only Sega is smart enough to do this.
-Lose the green fetish.
-Better controller.
-Smaller.
-Lose the DVD compatibility. CD' s only for copying on to the hard drive for custom soundtracks.

New Sega
-Better than all other systems in every way imaginable by a factor of 745875654u6
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Your design preferences for the PS3, Xbox 2, and Nintendo' s next console. - Sep 07, 2004 03:54
My idea will NEVER be put into effect. Because I don' t want to waste money on each different console, I would like all three developers to create a XboxCubeStation, three in one, . That' s all I ask for the next console.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll