Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 24, 2007 22:56
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 24, 2007 22:59
Shit that looked awesome!
I hope Capcom brings Resident Evil 1 Remake and RE4 to the PSP
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 01:14
I don' t get it? this isnt handheld gaming, This is Gimped console gaming.

Lets try and scare People, On a Tiny screen whilst on a paked Bus.

Not quite as effective.

PSP Has so many gimped PS2 games that are much better played on a Big screen, a proper controller and surround sound.
ginjirou

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 01:28
Daxter, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Ratchet and Clank, MGS PO, Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, FFVII CC, etc. are all console games on a handheld and they' re all FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!
Gimped console gaming my ass! I enjoy the PSP games as much as their console counterparts, if not more.
I' ve always wanted console games on handhelds and that' s why I was neve rinto GameBoy since the games were so primitive compared to the console games. Not that the graphics are bad, but the gameplay was ooooooold.
With the PSP I can enojy the same kind of gameplay as I can on consoles.
The DS has some great gameplay too of course, but the PS2 type games on the PSP are just as enjoyable as any of the great DS games.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 01:41
Looks great, but I have to agree with VF5 on this one. I' d love to play this game, but it' s the kind of game I could only really enjoy on a full sized system.

Then again, I' ve never been a handheld gamer. The way I see it, if I' m out, I' m out doing something I want to do. If I' m in, I have plenty of real games to play. Maybe if I rode the bus or something, but then I' d be too afraid someone would steal it .

I think that' s where Sony' s strategy fails. A portable system should have portable type games.

Still, that' s pretty sweet looking for a handheld. Most PSP games are.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 24 Apr 07 17:43:32 >
Nitro

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 02:32
Erm, Gameboy Advance saw a SHITLOAD of SNES ports. Gameboy saw NES ports. Game Gear saw Master System ports.

I see a trend developing here...

DS is seeing fewer ports, but they' re there. Diddy Kong Racing, FF III, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence and Super Mario 64 DS etc.. can attest to that.

Yes PSP is getting console ports, and yes many of them suck, ...but games like WipeOut Pure, Dark Resurrection, Metal Gear: Portable Ops etc.. should never be passed up or frowned upon, least of all just because of moronic fanboyism.

I have a DS. I have a PSP. Both have flaws. Both are amazing
Virtua fighter 5

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 03:34
PSP is far from amazing, infact as it stands, it' s design alone is extremley flawed.

Ive lost count the amount of times ive seen someone pick up a PSP, hold it in their hand saying along the line of

" how the fuck are u supposed to play games on this?" It feels wrong.

The D-pad is shit, the shoulder buttons are too thin, too close in and actually hurt your fingers and the analogue stick / thing is a complete joke. Alot of the games suffer from motion blur and have bad loading, the speakers are of low quality and the whole thing easily gets smudged with finger prints.

Hopefully PSP 2 will borrow the best features of the DS lite and this photoshoped Xbox Handheld :

[image]http://image.wetpaint.com/wiki/maybe/image/13QfpOpoQaL4uVTr4zr4vng==27175/GW658H344[/image]

I would buy this. like a shot.

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 24 Apr 07 19:36:53 >
Nitro

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 03:50

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

PSP is far from amazing, infact as it stands, it' s design alone is extremley flawed.

Ive lost count the amount of times ive seen someone pick up a PSP, hold it in their hand saying along the line of

" how the fuck are u supposed to play games on this?" It feels wrong.

And we' ve lost count of how many times you' ve said somethinge exactly like that.

Try to just put accross your own opinion dude rather than bringing other people who don' t post here into it.

But to address your point; i agree, PSP is crudely designed and not exactly comfortable to hold for more than 20 minutes. But all handhelds are, DS included.

PSP' s biggest flaw isn' t it' s shape or dodgy D-pad though, it' s the analog nub. In some games it' s not so bad, but in others it downright sucks.

That said, given the control limitations and their impact on 3D gameplay (mainly camera control), there are a large number of games that have translated very well from console to handheld and Tekken: Dark Resurrection is a prime example.

What i think you' re trying to say isn' t about the console itself but the tendency for developers to create increasingly complex games that are hard to get into for just a couple of minutes, ...something DS games are great for.

Virtua fighter 5

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 04:11

PSP' s biggest flaw isn' t it' s shape or dodgy D-pad though, it' s the analog nub. In some games it' s not so bad, but in others it downright sucks.

This is one thing i just couldnt get?

PSP, the frist mass-market 3d games handheld with no 3d stick? hehe Sony make me laugh. They really care for gaming.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 06:22
The motion blur in unbearable. I could live with the Nub and everything else, but the fucking motion blur drove me insane.
ginjirou

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 18:26
Motion blur? I aven' t noticed anything weird with the picture. I know that at very cold temperatures the screen gets a little blurry but other than that i think most things look nice.
Nitro

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 25, 2007 18:43
Some early games were plagued by an odd kind of motion blur. It happened in games where the framerate exceeded the screens refresh rate and the effect was almost like a black shadow that trailed fast moving objects.

Fortunately newer games don' t suffer anywhere near as badly, especially the bigger and better games from the bigger and better developers.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 27, 2007 20:44
...PSP sucks...

...if i wanted to amuse myself for 10 minutes on public transport i' d get a DS with Nintendogs or Paper Mario or something...

The real Playstation experience is at home on a massive TV with surround sound and the lights out... ....how the hell are you gonna be immersed in the Silent Hill world for 5 minutes on your way to work/school?

....this isn' t an opinion, it' s common logic... ...that' s why DS is outselling PSP like 10:1 or something...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 27 Apr 07 13:20:01 >
ginjirou

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 27, 2007 21:13
I don' t play games to emulate reality or get immersed in some kind of virtual reality. If I want to be scared to shit I' ll just go down the dark alley across the street.
I play games to be entertained, to have fun, when I' m bored. I' m often very bored when I' m taking the train or waiting for different things inn town. That' s when my PSP comes in handy. Sometimes I have to travel or wait for longer periods and that' s when console type games done portable are perfect. That' s why the PSP suits me perfectly.
I understand if most of you don' t have any need for this kind of gaming though. But since many japanese has to commute for like two hours a day I think the PSP would be a nice thing to have for them.
Also, I have a very good imagination so I don' t need surround sound and a 50" TV to get immersive games, if that' s what I want.
That' s why I like the PSP. Also, sometimes you might want to play a game with a friend but you don' t have time to go to each others homes so instead you can meet in town and take a couple of Tekken fights. Me and my buddies had lunch and while we were waiting for the food we played Tekken. It was awesome!
Nitro

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 27, 2007 22:14
I simply refuse to limit myself.

There are too many good game on PSP for me not to own one. Same for DS.

Plus, ...i use my PSP to watch 24 and anime episodes when i don' t have my laptop with me but have half an hour to waste...
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 28, 2007 04:47
...each to their own i guess...

...me? .....i always take a good book or two when i travel.. ...i like to give my brain some respite from electro magnetic media every now and then...
Nitro

RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 28, 2007 04:59

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...me? .....i always take a good book or two when i travel.. ...i like to give my brain some respite from electro magnetic media every now and then...

That is something that can' t be argued with.

I don' t read anywhere near enough...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: New Silent Hill: Origins gameplay videos! - Apr 28, 2007 05:42

I use my PSP to watch 24

Thats my number 2 reason to get a psp.

Number 1 is MPO

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages