Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 RAAM!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RAAM! - Nov 13, 2006 07:55
So wtf is RAAM!, well its not a sexual manuver if thats what you were thinking. No RAAM is the last boss in Gears of War and he' s such a badass his name is written all in caps. Why am I dedicating an entire thread to him, because he' s such a badass he almost made me cry. In over twelve years of gaming I can' t think of any boss in a video game that Pwned me so many times.

In " casual" he' s a pussy, in Hardcore he' s tough but in " insane" he' s a godamn maniac! I tried at least 20 times in co-op with some random guy, we must have come close but everytime ended the same way, blood everywhere..our blood. I beat him on the other two difficulties without too much fustration but in " insane" the leader of the Locust Horde seems to have supernatural invulnerablility.

Anyone else with GOW fight RAAM on Insane? If you' re eager for some pay back, let me know and we can rise up on this fucker and send him straight back to Hell in co-op. I need someone with some GOW skills to nail this imbred.

What' s the hardest boss you' ve fought against? Did you beat him/her/it?
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: RAAM! - Nov 13, 2006 08:08

leader of the Locust Horde seems to have supernatural invulnerablility.

He isn' t the leader merely the General, the Queen is the leader...which you only hear her voice.

RAAM IS AWESOME!
Agent Ghost

RE: RAAM! - Nov 13, 2006 08:30
That still makes him a leader, even a field sargent is a leader to a private. Anyways you tried him on insane?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: RAAM! - Nov 13, 2006 08:41
I' m going through insane right now. I' m loving this difficulty! It' s how the game should be played. I freaking love it. Again, I have to say it again... BEST GAME EVER! This game is so damn good. RAAM is indeed a badass.
Alecrein

RE: RAAM! - Nov 13, 2006 08:47
I haven' t touched Insane yet, been dividing my time between Cars (for a casual game), Tony Hawk 8, and Splinter Cell. Gears has been getting the most of my attention though.

I heard in Insane he has two Theron Guards, any truth to that?
Agent Ghost

RE: RAAM! - Nov 13, 2006 08:49

No just 7000hp, 10 000 Kryll and a big fucking gun! He' s easy on casual and not too bad on Hardcore but on Insane...damn!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: RAAM! - Nov 14, 2006 04:43
Im playing on casual cause I suck at FPS.
steptechdotnet

• Total Posts : 91
RE: RAAM! - Nov 14, 2006 04:49

Im playing on casual cause I suck at FPS.

I was playing ina versus match with some buddies on line, and had my ass served at every corner. I' m pathetic at FPS but i must admit that hardcore is way more fun than casual.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: RAAM! - Nov 14, 2006 05:53

I haven' t touched Insane yet, been dividing my time between Cars (for a casual game), Tony Hawk 8, and Splinter Cell. Gears has been getting the most of my attention though.

I' m afraid to ask how Cars was. I' ve played 2 good movie tie-in games in my entire life, & that doesn' t look like one to me.
Alecrein

RE: RAAM! - Nov 14, 2006 07:53
Cars is not good. But is one of the rare few games I will grab from time to time so I can set my brain on neutral and just play. Most games now-a-days require your brain...unlike movies :). Good thing I rented Cars...never would buy it.
Agent Ghost

RE: RAAM! - Nov 15, 2006 07:03
YES! I finally nailed this cock sucker on Insane. I tried about 50 times with this random dude with no luck but when I tired today with a member from my clan we got him in about 5-10 attempts.

We both started the fight with the sniper (using granades to lose the Kryll), and tried to get as many headshot and perfect active reloads as possible. When he finally came to the barrier near the beginning of the level I switched to the machine gun and circled the barrier to stay at the oposite side from him as RAAM tried to get on my side. Meanwhile by buddy slipped past him for a mad dash to the gun turret at the end of the level while I kept psycho bitch occupied for a few minutes. Eventually the inevitable happened and RAAM grazed me with his rocket lancher and I went K.O. Fortuanately by this time my friend reached the gun turret without getting devoured by Kryll and within a few seconds of going k.o. my friened ripped RAAM a new asshole.

Too bad you don' t get an achivement for beating RAAM on Insane, only Hardcore.
Alecrein

RE: RAAM! - Nov 15, 2006 09:31

Too bad you don' t get an achivement for beating RAAM on Insane, only Hardcore.

Yeah, but you get one for beating Act 5 on Insane :)
Agent Ghost

RE: RAAM! - Nov 15, 2006 09:37
" Yeah, but you get one for beating Act 5 on Insane :)"

Which means I have to beat him again, my last checkpoint is from beating the game in casual. Anyone know if you get the Hardcore achievements if you beat it on Insane?

I found a video on youtube (not me playing), the video looks faster then the game really is, its too dark and of course the quality is pretty bad. Still for those who don' t have a 360 you get to see what I' m talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sZtZs0ggEk
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 15 Nov 06 1:57:33 >
Alecrein

RE: RAAM! - Nov 15, 2006 11:59

Anyone know if you get the Hardcore achievements if you beat it on Insane?

From what I know, you don' t I am playing through on Hardcore currently, the nice thing is you DO NOT have to fight him again on insane...if you look at your act then go to the Pale Horse chapter it should show that you have beaten that chapter on Insane...you just have to do the majority of the Act back in Insane...however if you are saying after you beat RAAM on insane you went back and played the act on Casual...I think you are screwed :/

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll