Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Snow and the 7?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Snow and the 7? - Oct 29, 2004 05:35

Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon will write " Snow and the Seven," an East-meets-West retelling of " Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," for Walt Disney Pictures.

Hong Kong director Yuen Wo Ping will make his English-language debut on the film.

" Snow and the Seven" will be set in 1880s British colonial China and will have fantasy and martial arts elements, with the " seven" being Shaolin monks. The story also will hearken back to aspects of the original Grimm Brothers' fairy tale.

Chabon is the author of " Wonder Boys" and " The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay," which won him the 2001 Pulitzer for literature. Chabon also was a writer on " Spider-Man 2."

Yuen Wo Ping is a veteran of the Hong King action scene, with almost 30 films to his credit, including " Iron Monkey" and " The Red Wolf." He also was the action choreographer on the " Kill Bill" movies and " The Matrix" films.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

--------------------------------------------------------
Odd new twist for both the story and Yuen Wo Ping (amazing guy). Dunno if this' ll be the best debut for him but hell I' ll chekc the trailers read more on the story then decide later

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll