Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 V for Vendetta - how awesome..
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 18, 2006 10:23
Anyone seen this yet?
< Message edited by choupolo -- 18 Mar 06 2:25:16 >
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 18, 2006 14:38
The movie looks awsome but to be honest, I' m turned off by the stupid mask. I don' t like the exadurated smile. Sometimes the smallest detail pisses me off so much that it ruines an entire anything. In this case I won' t go see this otherwise wicked movie just because they fucked up the mask. I' m weired that way.
choupolo

RE: V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 18, 2006 15:41
Fair enough junkie

The film' s a bit deeper than just the mask, and I guess they made it look that odd because the main character is basically a crazy person! It' s based on a comic book though so the face wasn' t entirely their idea.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2308/newtpbfront14oc.jpg

V for Vendetta' s probably not the instant classic Matrix was but still I thought it was really well made and had a some interesting ideas. Definitely worth watching at some point.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 18 Mar 06 7:45:24 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 18, 2006 20:58
It was a pretty good movie. I enjoyed it for the most part but wasn' t blow away at all. there were a few good fight scenes.... but honestly lacked in that department big time. There was really only one big fight and it only laster a few minutes. A lot of the political statements weren' t up my alley but I overlooked it for the most part. V was an awesome character though, and I like how he messed with people.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 19, 2006 02:02
I hated it. See, i like GOOD movies and not so-so or plain bad ones.

While i love comics and the comicbook genre as a whole, including many comic-film adaptions (read: the Xmen films, Blade, Blade 2, Sin City etc...), this was just poor at best.

V is a very cool character but the film itself could have been so much better.

The soft focus flashbacks were specifically annoying. My girlfriend however though it was a very good movie, but she also enjoyed Underworld. Kate Beckinsale looked nice though...
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 18 Mar 06 18:05:54 >
choupolo

RE: V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 19, 2006 03:29
I was reading on IGN just now about how Alan Moore, creator of the graphic novel, distanced himself from the film since he had no input into it whatsoever. So apparently there are more than a few Hollywood-ised elements that weren' t part of his original ideas eg Evey (Natalie Portman) is a completely different character in the comic, and V is a lot less ' human' than he is in the film.

I dunno, maybe they compromised on both the comic and the Hollywoodness and managed to miss both audiences altogether. Personally, I thought the messages were pretty relevant and interesting, but as a Hollywood movie it wasn' t all that. I heard the Wachowski brothers didn' t have that much input into it either, as they decided to take more of a producer role than director this time.

Still, this is a definite DVD purchase for me.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 18 Mar 06 19:30:02 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 19, 2006 04:41
...i' ll definitely be checking it out...

...Alan More is a comic book legend, and despite his lack of involvement with it, i still have a deep amount of respect for the Wachowski Brothers...

...being respected comic book creators also, i' m sure that there is no one else in Hollywood who could produce anything approaching a credible theatrical interpretation of VFV as those guys...
< Message edited by bishonen -- 18 Mar 06 20:42:17 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 19, 2006 06:21
I think Del Toro would have done a better and more authentic adaption. He is ofcourse, working on Hellboy 2 (i hope they don' t call it that!).

The best comic-film adaptions?

choupolo

RE: V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 19, 2006 10:28
The classic would have to be Superman I-III right? Maybe the first Batman with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson.

Worst in my book would have to be X-Men, Hulk, Spiderman and Judge Dredd! " I am the law!" *said with wonky mouth*
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: V for Vendetta - how awesome.. - Mar 19, 2006 11:08
Havent seen this yet and I' ll probably wait for a DVD release.

As for some good comic adaptations:
History of Violence is pretty cool
Hellboy was very enjoyable
Sin City was spot on and made for a great flick
The Punisher (with Thomas Jane) was nice and gritty dunno why people disliked it so much
Batman and Batman Begins two good starters hoping the latter doesnt lose steam

< Message edited by Mass X -- 19 Mar 06 3:12:59 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread