Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Analyst predict a rise in prices come next gen.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Analyst predict a rise in prices come next gen. - Oct 01, 2004 05:55
http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/29/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

" There' s been a lot of hand wringing going on because of what the cost outlook is for game development for the next set of platforms," said John Taylor, an analyst with Arcadia. " I think there' s a growing feeling that in order to build and launch a game you' re going to have to start at the $20 million mark - $10 million to build the game and $10 to launch it with a big splash. In order to be able to make any money on that kind of investment, you either have to assume some substantial unit numbers, which are hard to do in the first year or two of a platform' s existence, or you' ve got to raise prices."

Taylor said he expects AAA game prices to jump $10 to $59.95.

Banc of America Securities' Gary Cooper isn' t expecting quite as high an increase, but he' d like to see one sooner. In an August analyst note, Cooper called on publishers to raise prices on top-line games to $54.99 or higher by as early as this fall.

DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Analyst predict a rise in prices come next gen. - Oct 01, 2004 18:27
I won' t be payin' higher prices, ' cause I will wait for the game prices to come down...

Ain' t no way I' m gonna be fleeced by software companies...not to metion that I can not afford to pay those prices..even now...

I' ll go back to the older systems for my gaming fix, and just read about the newer systems and games.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll