Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Troy
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
Troy - May 17, 2004 13:17
Anyone see this yet
(If so please no spoilers!)
I am going tomorrow night I think

I will report back what I thought when I see it
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Troy - May 17, 2004 16:41
Well currently its the number one movie out. So im gonna have to see for myself as well. hopefully soem point this week. Im into all that history stuff so ya.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Troy - May 17, 2004 22:37
I so want to see this movie! I have heard that it is only loosely based on the myth (and all devine intervention is removed - that makes me sad, I like the gods). I have still heard it is excellent... and Brad Pitt, that is certainly a wonderful bonus.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Troy - May 18, 2004 20:17
If you see Brad Pitt' s ass once you probably see it 5 times...it seems like everytime a messenger was sent into his tent he was bare assed. It was a pretty good movie along the lines of Gladiator, and even had a line stole from gladiator sorta towards the end.

I' m definately going to see it again just for the battles and the fights with Achilles, Hector, and the other Heroes in the movie. It' s got some of the best one liners out of any film I' ve watched recently.

*Young messenger tells Achilles that he would never think to fight the great warrior that is to fight him*

Achilles- And that is why no one will remember your name...(rides off to the battlefield)
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Troy - May 19, 2004 02:18
I just got back from it and thought it was great
They did focus more on the history rather than the mythological/Gods stuff which I didn' t mind
It is a definate buy when it comes out
Preacher

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Troy - May 27, 2004 01:28
Aside from Hollywood producers almost habitual need to mess with an original concept and somewhat intrusive musical score, Troy is entertaining. Pitt and Bana stand out as the best performers, with Orlando Bloom playing a poor second fiddle.

Saying that, Troy may as well have been called Achilles, seeing as most of the focus was put on Pitt. The actual narrative took a back seat whilst the character of Achilles was given every spare second of running time there was.

Not sure I agree with some of the pannings it go though. Even with those criticisms in mind, there' s a lot of good things to say about Troy.

Definitely worth seeing.
< Message edited by Preacher -- 5/27/2004 1:29:47 AM >
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: Troy - May 27, 2004 18:10
I am most definetly pumped to see this movie!!! Should be awesome!!!!!!!!!1 I' ve heard tons of things about it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll