Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Games Tv in the UK
Jennifer K

• Total Posts : 24
Games Tv in the UK - May 27, 2003 16:10
Do they get it right?

Do any of you guys get to see Gamer Tv or Sci Fi' s SFG?

Would like to know your opinions?
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Games Tv in the UK - May 28, 2003 22:07
Well I think games TV is very poor but rather than go into it now I' ll do a more detailed report for the launch of my own business later this year.

Suffice to say I think games as a concept or art form need to be better understood by TV companies.
Sherv

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Games Tv in the UK - Jul 15, 2003 14:44
Cybernet is quite good on ITV.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Games Tv in the UK - Jul 15, 2003 18:57
Yeah, I agree Cybernet is pretty good, probably the best at the moment although it' s been better in the past.

Ultimate Gamer on Sci Fi is quite good also. Personally I think games tv should be shown earlier at night than 11.45pm or 2 in the morning, plus a nice retro section taking up a mere 3 mins wouldn' t go amiss.

Game Stars was reasonable start to bringing gaming to the mainsteam, although since the death of Games Master and Games World there' s been nothing braodcast at a good time slot for it to be pivcked up by regular viewers who aren' t gamers.

Hopefully someone will produce a show that caters for both the hardcore (like myself) and the casual gamer.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll