Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor - Nov 16, 2005 14:38
So i have a TFT screen,a very good one,and i heard from someone that i could actually use it as a hdtv?
Will my DVI cable work for connecting my xbox360+monitor.
Or must i buy a VGA Cable?
And if so,must it be a ms product that says xbox something,or can it be a normal computer vga/dvi cable?
I heard VGA is not as good as dvi...O_o thanks in advance!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor - Nov 16, 2005 15:20
MS should be realeasing a converter for the HDTV cabels, that you then can plug in your monitor!
QuezcatoL

RE: Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor - Nov 16, 2005 15:33
Yes,hdtv are extremely overpriced in sweden at the moment,and no tv channel broadcast in it in sweden...so telling my dad to pay a 1600-1800 dollar tv for the cheapest HDTV just to have better textures in a xbox360 game wont make him do it :P
So irather want to use my monitor untill the price is reasonble in sweden,which probably take1-2 year,i mean why would people buy a hdtv when no channel is even watchable in it?
Thats why they wont sell here and cost so damn much
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor - Nov 16, 2005 19:24

Yes,hdtv are extremely overpriced in sweden at the moment,and no tv channel broadcast in it in sweden...so telling my dad to pay a 1600-1800 dollar tv for the cheapest HDTV just to have better textures in a xbox360 game wont make him do it :P
So irather want to use my monitor untill the price is reasonble in sweden,which probably take1-2 year,i mean why would people buy a hdtv when no channel is even watchable in it?
Thats why they wont sell here and cost so damn much

Actually the textures won' t change with High def, HD will give you better image fidelity and you get to see more on screen, sd is like having the sides cut off.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor - Nov 16, 2005 20:36
Your best option is to just use the VGA adapter for xbox 360. It connects to the back of the xbox 360 with the same thing a normal cable does but on the end is a VGA connector. That will give you HD. I don' t think they are releasing a DVI adapter for xbox 360. Hopefully your monitor has a VGA input, I dont' know if you can adapters or not.
QuezcatoL

RE: Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor - Nov 17, 2005 09:42
I heard from some guy over at gon.nu that the graphic will be 1024' 768 when using pc monitor,and not 1280' 720,not a problem for me,but is it true?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor - Nov 19, 2005 05:50
Yes, if you don' t have a widescreen computer monitor (meaning 16:9 aspect ratio). 1024 X 768 is a 4:3 format. If your monitor is widescreen, I' m sure the 360 will display in that format as well.
QuezcatoL

RE: Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor - Nov 19, 2005 07:24
ah okay,thanks chee saw.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Need help about cables to HD quality...for my monitor - Nov 19, 2005 08:58
What you need to buy is the VGA cable, and then a VGA-DVI adapter (cheap, and your monitor may have actually come with one) Then you' re a go. Just make sure you get the right type of DVI converter, there' s DVI-d and DVI-a, they have slightly different pins in the back.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll