Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...??
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Nov 15, 2005 11:40
" With Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy XIII we plan on solidifying our plans by E3 to offer both on the PS3 and Xbox 360, or place both on just one [system]," Wada explained.(wada is the president of square-enix)

Great news i guess >_<
Wada said for like 2-3 months ago he was thinking of making ff serie+ dragon quest serie multiplatform,the question then was,will the FF games be spin off?
Like Final fantasy crystall was to gc,or a real final fantasy like FF13,and now he finally says he was refering and meaning a real FF.
Lets just hold our thumbs and hope it comes to xbox360
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 15 Nov 05 20:02:35 >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Nov 15, 2005 11:57
I wouldn' t mind a Dragon Quest game, but if the FF game is anything like it has been - then " No" .
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Dec 07, 2005 06:32
Brilliant news, I had an argument on some forum a year ago about Final fantasy on an xbox console. The guy had the nerve to insult me and tell me there will never be a square game on a microsoft console. All I can say now is HA! HAAAA! (like nelson does in simpsons).

Mgs and devil may cry titles for the 360 is now what I' m praying for, since my dreams have been answered with FF,dragon quest, and soul calibur 4...who knows, and don' t say it' s impossible!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Dec 07, 2005 06:55
Olded. YOu have a link for that Quetz? Only because I read an article about this a few weeks ago, and then the story was quickly retracted by SquareEnix saying that Wada doesn' t know shit.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Dec 07, 2005 07:53
While I' d love to see them break their console exclusivity with Sony and offer their big games on multiple platforms I never had any hope of Dragon Quest 9 & up or Final Fantasy 13 and up hitting the 360. It' s one of those, I' ll believe it when I see it deals..

I do recall Square Enix making a comment that seemed more realistic. They basically said that the MAIN offline Final Fantasy games would remain on the Sony platforms while the online enabled games as well as the little sidequests could see multiplatform releases. THAT scenario seems much more realistic to me at this point.

So in a nutshell, any future offline, numbered Final Fantasy sequels I expect to remain exclusively with Sony as Sony has a thing for numbers as I recall with the whole Resident Evil deal and why Code Veronica was given that name instead of being called Resident Evil 3...

If any of the games have online play then there' s a very strong chance of them hitting the Xbox 360. And if they have weird subnames like Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Final Fantasy: Fruity Loops, or Final Fantasy Kids :p then the chances are very good that they' ll be released on non-Sony platforms.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 7 Dec 05 16:48:24 >
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Dec 07, 2005 08:01
Tell the truth, I think blue dragon and lost odyssey will own both dragon quest and FF. But still FF on the 360 is wicked news!!! I can' t wait to get XI and and do some major catching up.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Dec 07, 2005 08:23
I still haven' t played Dragon Quest VIII, let alone worrying about IX. As far as exclusives go, remember that Final Fantasy used to be exclusive to Nintendo! Nobody EVER thought that they would abandon them for a competitor, but alas, here we are. It wouldn' t surprise me if it didn' t remain exclusive.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Dec 12, 2005 06:55
Square Enix didn' t say they will make any of those games for 360.They said that they are considering what to do (Go multiplatform or Excusively for one - and it' s undecided whitch- system)

They said their plans will make it to public on upcoming E3.
That for us means " I wonder what will happen" and for Sony , MS and Nintendo " I wonder how much they want and how the hell are we gonna get that much"

:)
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Dec 12, 2005 16:23
I' m sort of indifferent to the FF series at the moment. Personally I find they' re getting a little tired. I stopped enjoying the series at FFX - while it was good, it just didn' t feel as great as the ones before it. One thing I' d hate to see is FF becoming like the Simpsons: great in it' s earlier years but attrocious, repetitive and just plain stupid in the latter.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Dec 15, 2005 06:33
I agree - I think that FFX is terrible for a FF title.I had a lot of fun with FF9 but the story was poor.FF8 is a game that most people don' t like as much as FF7 or FF6 , but I loved it - the story was great.

Since FFXII is going to have more big changes in gameplay I' m a bit anxious.
Thank God Dragon Quest VIII keeps that great RPG feel :)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Dragon quest 9+FF13 to xbox360...?? - Dec 15, 2005 14:40
I think FF10 was a great RPG but not much of a FF game...
You run in a way,with characters made by...omg i dont wanna even think about it.
No,no more FF10.
I gotta say that FF12 looks great though,looks very nice.
ANyway FF creator sakaguchi vill give me my FF with Lost odyssey...so im fine,and he give me a Chrono trigger with a 512mb 3rd card :) aka Blue dragon.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll