Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Any Left-handed gamers here?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Any Left-handed gamers here? - Dec 03, 2004 06:36
I' m a total Leftie. I write with my left hand, draw, etc.

If I were a boxer my Left would be my power hand while my right would be my speed hand.

But when it comes to video games I play just like a right-handed player. I find it kind of interesting that the few other left-handed gamers I' ve encountered at arcades had trouble playing some of the games there because of the standard setup of the joystick on the left side and buttons on the right. I' ve never had problems with that setup but have seen other lefties crossing their arms over each other in order to grab the joystick with their right hand and pound away at the buttons with their left. The Very few left-handed arcade setups I' ve seen with button(s) on the left and the joystick on the right were no doubt quickly embraced by the lefties while right-handed gamers struggled with them.

While I can play the left-handed arcade setups, I still find them a bit uncomfortable compared to the standard right handed setups.
ultimaknight

• Total Posts : 33
RE: Any Left-handed gamers here? - Dec 03, 2004 12:02
yea im a total left-hand person. but ive learned how to become ambidextrous ( can use both hands). its not that much harder to use its just you have to get used to the setup.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Any Left-handed gamers here? - Dec 03, 2004 16:53
Whatever hands comfy at the moment for me now. Used to be mainly left but found just as many uses for my right hand...hmm thats not gonna sound good but owell.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Any Left-handed gamers here? - Dec 04, 2004 00:07
I' m left handed, and whether I' m using a keyboard/mouse or a controller, everything feels just fine to me. Couldn' t use a left handed pad if my life depended on it (which it has a couple times )
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Any Left-handed gamers here? - Dec 04, 2004 00:09
i am a lefty and i play games like any other person would. but, when i go to the Arcades there are guys there who play " cross handed" . i could not understand that way of playing. it looks too uncomfortable. but the funny thing is i have a right handed fighting stance go fugure
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Any Left-handed gamers here? - Dec 04, 2004 00:16
for all of us lefties here:

If the right side of the body
is controlled by the left side of the brain,
and the left side of the body
is controlled by the right side of the brain,
then left handed people are the only ones in their right mind!

-Laura Leiden ' 85

< Message edited by Mass X -- 12/4/2004 12:17:44 AM >
JRock79

• Total Posts : 20
RE: Any Left-handed gamers here? - Dec 04, 2004 14:09
Funny you say that, Terry.

I' m a leftie. I have no probs going to the arcade and using the standard Joystick layout (Stick on the left, buttons on the right). I prefer it that way. But the funny thing is I can use a mouse better with my right hand. Strange, ain' t it?
Poison_Jam

• Total Posts : 5
RE: Any Left-handed gamers here? - Dec 04, 2004 16:51
It' s weird, I' m left handed... I write left handed, I pitch left handed, I use my left hand to eat.... but I played 4 years varsity baseball... I bat right handed...
< Message edited by Poison_Jam -- 12/4/2004 6:10:43 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message