Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 FPS on Wii = Success!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 02:29
In short:
" We' re happy to report that it simulates the accuracy of PC first-person shooters almost perfectly, and we found ourselves soaring through levels, zipping around corners, pulling quick turns and zapping down enemies with pinpoint precision without seconds. Simply put, Retro has nailed it - and it makes the wait to 2007 for the game that much more difficult. We' re not kidding when we write that Prime 3 feels like a brand new game with this control."
Full story:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732737p1.aspx
So it seems Retro studios " nailed it" . I' m very relieved, especially since I love Metroid Prime. And the fact that the graphics were impressive is filling me with joy .
I can' t wait, it' s too bad the game has been delayed.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 14 Sep 06 18:31:07 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 03:09
Wow, I' m behind. I wasn' t aware it' d been delayed. Well, now they have no excuse not to do a good job.

That' s good though, because I saw the Red Steel-Esque controll scheme, and it just didn' t look to good for anything that requred quick response time.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 14 Sep 06 19:11:06 >
ginjirou

RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 04:11
Gameplay videos where the new controll scheme is used:
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748547/vids_1.aspx
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 04:22
....looks good! ....i love sci fi...

....i like the quality of the visuals also... ...reminds me of halo 2... ...how much of an improvement has there been over the original Metroid titles?....
ginjirou

RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 04:53

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

....looks good! ....i love sci fi...

....i like the quality of the visuals also... ...reminds me of halo 2... ...how much of an improvement has there been over the original Metroid titles?....

Hard to tell from those clips but the lighting is definitely much better. Particle effects and stuff like that is supposed to be better too. Other than that it hasn' t changed much, at least nothing I can notice in those clips.
You haven' t played Metroid Prime on the GCN? Man, you really should!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 05:30
Echoes f**king kills Halo 2 as far as a single player game goes.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 05:57

Hard to tell from those clips but the lighting is definitely much better. Particle effects and stuff like that is supposed to be better too. Other than that it hasn' t changed much, at least nothing I can notice in those clips.
You haven' t played Metroid Prime on the GCN? Man, you really should!

...yeah i know.....

....i' m watching that 98MG HD demo, and i' m pretty genuinely impressed... ...this game looks GORGEOUS!!! .....silky smooth 60fps ...beautifully vibrant sci fi hues...

...i think i wanna go for a wii...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 05:57
this game is so fuckin awesome!!! and the new control scheme is soooo coool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samus interacts with some people? Cuts-cenes? Holy crap - I can' t wait for this game (have you seen how cool enemies look and move?)
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 06:17
I never liked Metroid Prime but I can see how fans would be looking foward to the next one using the wiimote.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 06:33
I think Metroid Prime was an outstanding achievemetn and innovative game.I didn' t like it as much as I' d like to - even though I' ve finished it (it felt boring at times).

I didn' t bother with Echoes since it' s based on " more of the same" concept and my 1h experience with it, only aproved this opinion.

This new one seems to be a totally different game (you know what I mean) - if it is as different as it seems , then I' m getting it ASAP :)
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: FPS on Wii = Success! - Sep 15, 2006 17:55
You won;t be the only one gatting it ASAP!!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll