Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fable: A hit or miss?
tworaw

• Total Posts : 20
Fable: A hit or miss? - Sep 27, 2004 20:36
Fable was a good demonstration of how an RPG should be but it had its negatives. The game was just to short, I had the game the first it came out and two days later I had beaten it. It did amaze me for the first ten hours of play but then after that it was done, there was nothing to do. I thought the buying homes and shops would go into a category of it' s self but it didnt it was just like Vice City and that junk is old and bland. Now dont think i' m dissing Fable or anything it is a great game, but come on, all this hype and people saying that it would take you awhile to beat the game and have replay value, it didnt have any replay value, yea you could choose to start the game over and be an evil character but you can do that when your a good hero, just go kill everyone in Oakvale and your evil and then if you want to be good again, go repay your sins at the Temple of Avo. and the arena had no replay value you couldnt even go back and fight again. and the wife feature it has no play value at all, you just marrie a woman and thats all, nothing else. well thats all I have to say, Fable was not a dissapointment but I just wish it had the play value that it should.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Fable: A hit or miss? - Sep 27, 2004 22:05
First off dont play games 24/7.I have fable for 4 days now and im still only like half way throught the game.

The game is the best RPG i played in a long time.Its like a clone of Zelda.
music_maniac1965

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Fable: A hit or miss? - Sep 27, 2004 22:26
i like this game, but i find the battles with more than 2 baddies rather hard. in that forest where you have to guide those salesman (i know they have a different name, but they swap/sell things) and then that wall challenges you. i dont get past that challenge.

but, this is the first RPG game i played in my life, and i rather love it none the less. but the game does not gets as good as the hype surrounding it suggests it is.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Fable: A hit or miss? - Sep 27, 2004 22:34
Im just hoping they take advantage of the Xbox Live aware feature and add some content or somin. Whats the point of being Live Aware and not have nothing to do with it. Or is Live aware just to keep track of what yer doing and shows that yer playing fable or somin?

I dont have much to complain about since I go tthe game for $40 unused at target and it came with that extra disk and all. Lucky me to show up at target that day cuz I also got Halo 2 reserved and when i go pick it up i get 10 $ off for som reason. $10 off both games means I got an extra 20 which will go towards ESPN NBA 2k5.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 9/27/2004 10:37:43 PM >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Fable: A hit or miss? - Sep 27, 2004 23:50
It' s the fastest selling X-Box game ever. I think that makes it a hit.

Fable is going to be copied a lot I wager. Soon we are going to get many more games which let you play as a good or bad guy and have the world react to you differently depending on your alignment. It' s something that’s been missing in games up to press with them usually forcing you to save the world or be a criminal. Fable is a landmark game in that respect but I expect to see a game soon perfect what has been brought to the table.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Fable: A hit or miss? - Sep 28, 2004 03:56
It' s not great but it is a pretty darn good game. I' m not really into it as much as I' ve been in past RPG' s that I' ve played. If this game had not been hyped so much I think people would have been a little more forgiving. I also hope that they use some of the Live Aware features, especially downloadable content. Even though it' s been out for almost 3 years there is a huge lack of downloadable content.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Fable: A hit or miss? - Sep 28, 2004 05:22
I had considerable interest in Fable, but now with some negative feedbacks, I have no more interests in it. I hate games with short gameplays, and I hate games with simple combat graphics. I think this game was a big hit because of all the hype and the unique stand-out of games in its genre. And...yes, Tworaw, beating next-generation games in two days is way too fast.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Fable: A hit or miss? - Sep 28, 2004 12:56
Sounds like I can wait until Fable becomes one of those ' Platinum Hits' .

Glad I didn' t pay $50 for this game...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message