Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Army of Two
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Army of Two - Aug 02, 2006 08:54
The games premise...

" Today, the United States is awarding an unprecedented number of contracts to Private Military Corporations (PMC) in an effort to maintain its presence worldwide. Since the Vietnam War, this number has increased tenfold and is only rising. As the clear-cut flow of the chain of command blurs and the military responsibilities of a nation slipping out of its own control, it is getting hard to tell who really holds the power."

In Army of two, players will take the role of ex-Army Rangers that have become PMCs like those mentioned above. Since the focus here is on two-man gameplay, players will be able to use both Tyson and Elliot for events such as two-man sniping, two-man parachuting, and the ability to share customizable weapons. Additionally, your co-op gameplay partner can be switched on-the-fly between a human or AI collaborator. Again, EA wants to stress that " Co-op is no longer a mode, it' s the game."

Original Article

The new screenshots...

The key features...

“Two Man” Gameplay – Co-op is no longer a mode, it’s the game. Players must undertake TWO man mission using TWO man strategies and tactics to ultimately create a TWO man advantage that no enemy can withstand.

Partner AI – ARMY OF TWO delivers intelligent partner AI (PAI) that will interact, adapt, collaborate and learn from their human partner. The PAI will also react and adjust to the gamer’s ability and how they play the game by taking the lead or following, driving strategy or taking orders. It is the dream of the human machine.

Customizable Weapons – Customize and upgrade dozens of deadly weapons and share them with your partner off or online.

Dynamic Environments – EA’s Montreal game studio is working to deliver realistic character and environmental effects including fluid dynamics that showcase an open-ocean water-wave simulation as well as physics based animations.

Contemporary Storyline Ripped from the Headlines – ARMY OF TWO will captivate gamers with a politically charged storyline, centering on the impact and ethical issues of Private Military Corporations.

Online Gameplay – ARMY OF TWO redefines TWO MAN online gameplay with players seamlessly moving from PAI to live players as they make their way through the game.

Original Article

Sounds interesting enough. Sounds kinda like Contra actually!

Anyhoo, the " screenshots" don' t really give mch away as to how it looks during gameplay and for the most part while stylish they look pretty lame. Sooooooooooo, what i did was i went and downloaded the highest resolution version of the 10 second gameplay teaser and grabbed 2 shots for you. See...

Yes the quality is lousy but you won' t find them on IGN or anywhere else. The video i got from IGN Insiders as you can only download the 320 x 180 version unless your a member, sooooooooooo i snatched it and uploaded it myself for you guys to check out. It can be downloaded HERE
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Army of Two - Aug 02, 2006 10:31
sounds great...it´s for which platform? Pc? 360?
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Army of Two - Aug 02, 2006 14:23
Yup..The first thing that this reminded me of was CONTRA too...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Army of Two - Aug 02, 2006 19:50

ORIGINAL: Hidemoto

sounds great...it´s for which platform? Pc? 360?

PS3/360

Unfortunately though it' s an EA game.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread