Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 $500 bundle lacking features.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: PS3 $500 bundle lacking features. - May 10, 2006 11:41
As I said before, being in SouthEast Asia means I was raised on pirated goods for the better half of my life, so trust me when I say that the whole culture of piracy has nothing to do with the library of games.

The main reason why people got mod chips, was only partly the desire of an extended library, the MAIN reason is price. Piracy arose to give the poorer guys a chance to see what the rich ones were into. Games, but mostly movies, TV shows, anything!

Why do you think governments didn' t resolve the issue immediately, even in Singapore when we' re the easiest to crack down on? Because it was the only way to let the poor people have a chance of better exposure. If I had followed the rules, I would never had exposure to HALF the pop culture you guys knew ten years ago.

But since we' ve grown economically, the average joe is rich enough to finally even buy DVDs. Like me, I don' t mod my Xbox, I can afford the real deal now. Not ten years ago. My family could hardly afford the PS, don' t even talk about buying the games =/

So, maybe being region free would help. But for people like my cousin up in Penang (Malaysia), he can' t afford that! He' d still mod =/ This whole mod chip issues is really about the piracy in Asia. And trust me, it isn' t going to work out. Not if Blu-Ray games are as expensive as I see it.

Also, complex or not, pirates would do it. Plus, PS2 has always been easier to crack than the Xbox. It could be the same for the PS3 =/ In which case, the point is moot...

Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: PS3 $500 bundle lacking features. - May 24, 2006 00:31
seems like the piracy issue shoudl be less of a factor (at least with movies) since you wont be able to get a high def copy if you' re using an analog out. i' m glad that digital connections are going to help rid the industries (gaming and film) of these constant problems.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 22 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message