What the hell IGN!

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
  • Reward points : 0
What the hell IGN! - Oct 28, 2003 04:24
For those who don' t know, one of the largest X-Box sites on the net, Teamxbox was recently purchased by IGN. The first thing they promised was that there was going to be NO changes to the way their site operates and will remain independent of IGN. Well, I try to visit the forum as I usually do, only this time it' s different. When I click on the forum link, THIS is what I get.

Advertisers. By becoming a member, you authorize IGN to share your Personally Identifiable Information with our advertisers. Our advertisers may use your Personally Identifiable Information to send you, via email or postal mail, advertisements or other notices, and it is possible that your information may be shared with others.

I' m sorry but - WHAT?

Are these guys serious? By signing up to post at " their" freakin' forum they' re now going to sell my personal information to third parties so they can make an easy buck and I can get spammed?!?!?!? What the hell is up with that? It' s bad enough Teamxbox lied about their not being any forum changes, but now I have to give up my personal info to advertisers just to post.... Like I said, what' s up with that? I' m going to agree just to check the flames, but I think my time posting their may be quickly coming to an end. Hopefully this is all some sort of miswording.
< Message edited by lotusson -- 10/28/2003 4:25:51 AM >

shade
  • Total Posts : 77
  • Reward points : 0
RE: What the hell IGN! - Oct 28, 2003 20:50
I wouldnt bother, you will be raped with a gig of spam everyday ..

Seems IGN are getting a little greedy, Usualy sites give you the option of wether you want your email address passed on to third parties (Wich they are payed nicely to do so). But if they arnt even giving you the option (wich is usualy in the form of a tiny bit of text with a tick box) then they are out of line. Im sure there is some legal thing in that they have to give you the option.

You can always give false details with a old hotmail account wich is waht i do everytime, but thats not the point.

Fu**ers!

2Up..

' Im old enough to know better but young enough to not give a fuck!'

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: What the hell IGN! - Nov 20, 2003 13:22
IGN has ruined a great site.