Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Valve developing multiple titles for 360
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Valve developing multiple titles for 360 - Apr 27, 2006 19:20

Valve Software announced today the development of " future game releases" for the Xbox 360, suggesting there' s more than one game in the works for the video game and entertainment system from Microsoft

The developer announced that the upcoming titles will be powered by a customized version of Source, the technology that powered Valve’s Half-Life 2.

“The combination of Source and the 360 provides game designers the chance to create powerful entertainment experiences,” said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve.
“Whether developing a traditional FPS, RTS, RPG or delving into new genres, the Xbox 360 is a great platform for expanding Source and our game experiences.”

" The Valve 360 products are being designed to leverage the Xbox 360’s advanced graphics hardware and integration with Xbox Live online game service" the company stated in a press release.

So Half Life 2' s going to be on PS3 huh? Well, that' s nice for Sony i guesst wasn' t it on Xbox already?!

But what games could be in development for 360?! I would say that the only real possibilities are:

- Half-Life 2 + Aftermath (Ep1) + Counter Strike: Source

- Half-Life 3

- Day of Defeat 360

- Team Fortress 2

Interesting nonetheless i think. I can' t see it being Half Life 2 and Aftermath (Ep1) because that would make it a gimp port of a current gen game like Far Cry Instincts: Predator.

Team Fortress 2 would be very cool!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message