Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
$100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 15, 2005 10:53
Popular Science predicted the retail price of the ultra-portable Gameboy Micro today being at about $100 USD ( I think that' s about 75 euro.. but I' m not sure.). They based the price on the manufacturing budget Nintendo has for the system, because Nintendo made it clear that manufacturing the system is more expensive than GBA SP (because the material), so I think $100 is a pretty good prediction. What do you think? Should it be that high?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 15, 2005 11:16
I think $100 is a bit high especially since they shrunk the darn thing and because the GBA is being phased out to make room for the DS and the GBA successor.

Nintendo wouldn' t have to resort to creating the Gameboy Micro if image conscious gamers would just get over themselves and stop being so damned embarrassed about their gaming hobby, LOL ..
Jason Zeidan

RE: $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 15, 2005 20:21
For a system that will have over 400 games when it comes out, and with a bunch of nice face-plates that are cheap and hip, I think a price tag of about 75 to 90 bucks seems about right. Don' t think of the Micro as a GBA owner, think of it as a completely new product with ALOT of games. It' s for the people who don' t usually have time for games, so they can buy that little thing, and put it in their little pocket and take anywhere. It' s really clever of Nintendo, you know.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 15, 2005 20:27
$100 is unacceptable. I would not pay more than $40.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 15, 2005 20:45

Don' t think of the Micro as a GBA owner, think of it as a completely new product with ALOT of games. It' s for the people who don' t usually have time for games, so they can buy that little thing, and put it in their little pocket and take anywhere. It' s really clever of Nintendo, you know.

But the Gameboy Micro isn' t a completely new handheld, it' s a redesign of old, already existing GBA tech, so that doesn' t make it completely new at all, which is why $100 is a bit high. If you already have a GBA or GBA SP then you' re just rebuying the same exact thing repackaged into a smaller size. Personally I feel $59-$69.99 probably would have been a fairer price point. And Nintendo' s company line about it is:

" " We' re making the gorgeous Game Boy Micro for image-conscious folks who love video games, the ones who want the look of their system to be as cool as the games they play on it," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America' s senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. " Because of its diminutive size and industrial-hip look, Game Boy Micro immediately identifies the person playing it as a trendsetter with discriminating style."
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 16 Aug 05 4:52:52 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 15, 2005 22:42

Because of its diminutive size and industrial-hip look, Game Boy Micro immediately identifies the person playing it as a trendsetter with discriminating style.

Or a complete dumbass.
Jason Zeidan

RE: $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 16, 2005 19:18
LOL, Nintendo' s such a dork..
cpsethgt

• Total Posts : 57
. - Aug 19, 2005 02:17
<message edited by cpsethgt on Apr 30, 2012 05:31>
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 20, 2005 18:09
100 is too high.80 would be alright.
Jason Zeidan

RE: $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 20, 2005 19:31
It should be the same price as the SP, true. The Micro isn' t better than SP at all, in fact, they' re both about even in advantages and disadvantages. Come to think of it, Nintendo should use the price equilibrium in marketing. In advertising, you know.. " You want an SP or a Micro? Any way you go, you win."
Bjkblaze

• Total Posts : 6
RE: $100 Gameboy Micro, says Popular Science - Aug 23, 2005 17:43
I like game boy. But $100 is a little much for me. I saw the micro I would go blind just looking at it. It looks like I can esaly break it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll