Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Unless I missed it!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Unless I missed it! - Mar 09, 2007 11:30
Love the .gif nitro. But you shouldn' t be frustrated, I understand where you are going with it, I' m just trying to veer it into a more productive discussion.

And opinions are opinions, you can disagree with them, but never bash them :P
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Unless I missed it! - Mar 11, 2007 21:31
Oh my fucking God! Why do you lot find it so hard for somebody to like this game and have different views to you? It' s just his opinion and doesn' t effect any of you guys in any way whatsoever. If you don' t like it, don' t post. Simple as that. I manage it all the time.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Unless I missed it! - Mar 11, 2007 22:01
It' s not that we can' t understand why he likes it, it' s that he can' t understand that shit games get shit reviews. It' s got nothing to do with the developer/publisher paying game sites to mark up their review scores.

The game has drawn a million times more negative feedback than it has positive. He was confused that we weren' t already discussing the game as if it was some big AAA release, and the reason is as simple as nobody cares about it. Either people have no interest because it' s not their type of game, or the people that were interested at one point (like myself) have read the horrible reviews and first-hand impressions by other gamers and decided it' s not worth discussing.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Unless I missed it! - Mar 12, 2007 02:02
Well maybe that' s why he made the thread in the first place, as he was hoping that other people on this forum enjoyed it, who were too afraid to make a thread because of posts like yours, and wished to discuss it.

Besides, there are some highly rated games that I' m not that interested in and some low scoring ones that I am. I' m sure the same goes for many of you guys too.
< Message edited by Marink -- 11 Mar 07 18:04:17 >
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Unless I missed it! - Mar 24, 2007 07:36

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Yeah because battlefields are full of guys jumping on top of crates and stuff...

Gears of War does not need a fucking jump mechanic. You dive, and hop over stuff in a realistic fashion, ...it' s not a fucking Mario game!

What the fuck would you use a jump button for in Gears? To jump over sandbags and low walls? Because the context sensitive nature of the existing control system does that flawlessly without having these 6ft digital badass' s juming about in their armour like fucking plumbers!

So, realistically, people can' t fucking jump? The jump function would instantly make it into a Mario game? I didn' t play Gears of War for very long (only a couple or so stages), but the -run to wall-lean against wall-climb over wall- sequence that took the place of the jump function seemed kinda slow to me, especially when I' m being shot at. So, yes, I would use the jump feature to go " over sandbags and low walls." That' s exactly what I would use it for.

Also, I would have appreciated a crouch function you can use in a field as well.

[image]http://forum.teamxbox.com/image.php?u=111214&dateline=1144265456[/image]

Wow, that is one durable keyboard.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message