Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 11:24
When my friend and I get together to play videogames, we partake in da' trash talk.

The one-upping starts before gameplay begins and continues long after the gameplay ends.

Stuff like...

" Is that the best you can do? My dead Granny plays better that that!"
or
" Was that (insert pro ball player name here)? Man, I' ve seen girlscouts that play better than that!"
or
" Who' s coaching that team? He should be fired!"
or
" I had no idea that you wanted to play sandlot ball!"

Do you trash talk? How about giving us a sample of YOUR best?

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/14/2004 11:25:23 AM >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 13:10
Not really. I' m a bit of a silent gamer. The only trash talking I do is to the TV screen when I screw up or die. Most recenrly Ninja Gaiden has gotten the brunt of my abuse because of Ryu falling off ledges and platforms, or getting killed by big ice creatures in a 3 hits combo.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 14:17
Trash take is a necessary component of playing video games with friends
tyroth

• Total Posts : 2
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 16:43
off course we do
its much more fun this way
Reznor

• Total Posts : 123
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 18:11
Every time i die on a game my tv and who ever else is around hears how i feel.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 19:08
I ALWAYS trash talk while playing a game but ONLY while playing alone. I basically just trash talk the game, lol.. Even when I' m getting my a$$ whoooped by a game I still trash talk it, saying stuff like- " Even though you just whooped my a$$ for the 927th time I' m slowly learning your pattern and SOON you' ll be MY b*tch!!!!! Mwahahahahaha!"

Then I get hit with a GAME OVER screen and scream loud enough for the neighbors to hear and call the cops.

I never trash talk while playing human opponents. It' s just not as fun to me, lol..
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9/14/2004 7:11:21 PM >
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 22:32
The most crap I ever talk with my friends is when we' re playing beer pong.

If we are playing fifa, madden, or nhl we talk some crap, but we get a little too wrapped up in the intense games(except madden, I find it so slow I could knit a sweater while playing)
vanswa garbutt

• Total Posts : 412
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 22:40
i do!!!
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 22:41
Of course I do. When my friends come over or I come over man oh man we start trash talking all night to the point where one player quits. Hehe it' s so much fun.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 14, 2004 22:47
Usually when I trash talk I start losing...but it' s nice sometimes to just let someone know just how bad they are.
Regret in 2010

• Total Posts : 106
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 15, 2004 00:01
me and my friends were playing nba street for ps2, and one of them just starts talking trash so much that me and the other one were laughing to hard to play

i guess trash talk helps u win the game, if u do it good
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 15, 2004 11:53
yoshimitsu15,

I have that problem sometimes...I end up spending too much time trash talkin' and lose the game. Then, I just blame it on bad refereein' ...

Also, both me and my friend have noticed that the one that decides to buy the food is usually the one to have a dramatic losing streak that session. I don' t know why that happens...it just does.

Another line I have used in the past, just to get my friend going, is:

As the players enter the field of play, I say " Tonight we are happy to announce the championship game between (my team) and the (friend' s team) - the only team without the mental capacity, player talent, or solid coaching to realize they could never match up against the advanced gameplay of such a juggernaut as (my team). This is going to be a slaughter-fest, folks!"

If we are playin' baseball... I might say something like: " The (my team) welcome the sandlot team from 2nd and Oak Streets."

Trash talk can be fun...you just gotta know where the limit is...' cause you could end up either not being funny or making your friend mad.
toxicavenger

• Total Posts : 92
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 15, 2004 18:43
in halo i let my skillz do the trash talking. That and my death taunt is just standing over the body and turning on the flashlight. just so they can clearly see their dead body before respawning. my friends thought it was funny, but it also lets the other two know where i am. it evens the fields a little. Other than that it usually goes pretty ugly. some things u wouldn' t want your sister to hear. but only with my close friends. with other people i have good respect. mabey like i hate you! (if i lose)
< Message edited by toxicavenger -- 9/15/2004 6:46:12 PM >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 15, 2004 21:43
all the time. Depending on the game of course, and who I am playing with. It makes it more fun.
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: While Gaming, Do You Trash Talk? - Sep 16, 2004 20:10
you better believe it!! and some times the insults really fly.. he he.. adds to the fun and excitement.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll