Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GT5 HD to cost $475?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
GT5 HD to cost $475? - Sep 22, 2006 01:20
Did anyone catch this in this month' s Famitsu? Apparently the plan is to get rid of the classic unlock by winning races system, release the game with none or hardly any cars or tracks, and then charge micropayments for each of the other 750 odd cars and 50 odd tracks!

Ok premium downloadable content and expansion packs can make developers more money from those willing to pay it, but this is rediculous! Compared to GT4, how much more is it going to cost to have the same amount of content?

I guess it' d be ok if the base game was say $20 and you could then only add the tracks and cars that you wanted (as no-one would buy them all..would they?) So then the in total the game would cost you about the same as any other but be tailored to you as well.

That' s probably unlikely though. I can just see them rubbing their hands and pricing the base game at $40 or something outrageous. [:' (]

http://www.digitaldisplacement.com/?p=1384

Ps bear in mind these are just rumours and I got this from a blog site! :D

< Message edited by choupolo -- 21 Sep 06 17:23:02 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GT5 HD to cost $475? - Sep 22, 2006 02:48
Hmm, while It wouldn' t suprise me if it were true, you' ve got to hope they' ve got more stones than that. That' s just cruel.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: GT5 HD to cost $475? - Sep 22, 2006 11:59
This idea sucks, so individual portions of game content will each have a price tag on it?

Are sony telling us that we always need ' micro transactions' to fully enjoy a game?

I always knew if sony was losing such a large portion of money per ps3 sold it was gonna come back to haunt the early adopters. In other words you save US$300 at launch but your gonna pay it back by being ' forced' to buy game content seperately.

LOL i could see in ps3s future game packaging - only for ps3

(and in small print) game content sold seperately

Now that would hilarious
< Message edited by Terrak -- 22 Sep 06 4:02:26 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: GT5 HD to cost $475? - Sep 22, 2006 12:35
I hope they don' t go ahead with this, because it really is stupid.
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: GT5 HD to cost $475? - Sep 22, 2006 12:46
No its smart. See, the game, GT5 is too big to fit on one Blue-Ray disk...so you download the rest of the 15GBs or so...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll