Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tommorrow' s demo
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
Tommorrow' s demo - Aug 24, 2006 01:50
Tommorrow the demo on xbl are apparently going to include

Just cause.

and TDU:http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=40899

But does anyone know if it' s the same one we got already?.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 23 Aug 06 17:53:18 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Tommorrow' s demo - Aug 24, 2006 01:53
I' ve seen some movies of Just Cause in 720 p and it seems like a pretty cool 8/10 :)
dasher232

RE: Tommorrow' s demo - Aug 24, 2006 01:55
Yea I hated the game before but it' s growing on me. Thing is i' m worried cos with time shift it was the same and now I think i' m really liking it now.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Tommorrow' s demo - Aug 24, 2006 02:13
It' s a new one apparently - I like this bit

(the first demo was downloaded) 200,000 times from Xbox Live Marketplace in one short week, bringing the demo in third place overall amongst all downloads during the period. Feedback from the global gaming community proved vital in giving Eden Games a clear direction to improve the quality of the final game and deliver the incredible experience Test Drive Unlimited now offers.

I wonder if there will be any major changes? I' m liking the hour long test drive, and the 60km of the game - in fact - why would I need to buy it? What limitations other than this will be going on?!

Darren

• Total Posts : 68
RE: Tommorrow' s demo - Aug 24, 2006 02:48
Well I hope I see changes on TDU with the controls, as it felt like an arcade game. Also the characters in the cars at the short gameplay cutscenes need to be fixed because half of their body was IN the seat. Canit wait till the demo though, and Just Cause looks really fun.
dasher232

RE: Tommorrow' s demo - Aug 24, 2006 03:13
It looked next-gen when I played it but the controls were really rubbish in my opinion so if it is a new demo hope it' s improved. If not I won' t be getting it.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Tommorrow' s demo - Aug 24, 2006 04:05
Finally me and Majik arnt the only ones showing interest in Just Cause! The game itself just sounds so absurdly over the top (hanging off the tail of a jet then pulling yourself into the cockpit) that I simply cant pass it. Visually the game looks avg but everything else looks like a dman good time.

As for TDU Im hoping to try out the motorcycles. The 1st person view looks nice as it adds the helmet and everything. I didnt mind the controls to much since im expecting a more arcade style game then a simulation (PGR and Forza will feel that need plenty). And I really like the whole concept on how races online are handled.

One thing to bring in the full blown immersion they should let you exit the car between races just sort of hangout and talk to other players. And if a race is going on near you you can just litterally pull up a seat and watch the proceedings whilst setting up your next race...also Id find it very ammusing to see a car crash into my avatar during a race. Some people might say that some will abuse the ability and purposly throw themselves into the streets, but all the developer would have to do is make it so the avatars can be hit but will not affect the controls at all.

...I dunno I been playing the Saints Row demo too much...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Tommorrow' s demo - Aug 24, 2006 05:45
I really don' t like characters animation - it looks great when he' s in some vehicle , but on foot , he' s terrible :)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll