Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MGS 3 quickie reviews
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
MGS 3 quickie reviews - Nov 24, 2004 14:10
to start off heres a picture...
No Snake dont hurt the lil monkey

Neways now the quick reviews

Yahoo! Games (9 out of 10)
" Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater delivers a long-awaited payload of tense action veined with marathon cutscenes, cinematic references, bubbles of humor, corny/cryptic dialogue, edible animals, and shards of true weirdness."

1UP (9.5 out of 10)
" If Kojima had you and lost you with 2, then all will be forgiven here; if you don' t yet know the joy of the best-executed stealth game in town, then put on your facepaint and get set for a mission that' s truly unstinting in its virtues."

IGN (9.6 out of 10)
" Overall, this is the best Metal Gear Solid game that we' ve seen and, yes, it rules."

GameSpy (4.5 out of 5)
" Despite a few flaws, Kojima' s latest Metal Gear deftly combines compelling gameplay and narrative to create an extremely fun and fulfilling experience."

GameSpot (8.7 out of 10)
" In short, this is a great game that embodies both the impressive style and the one-of-a-kind spirit of its predecessors."

Avg. Score 9.6
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11/24/2004 2:13:45 PM >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: MGS 3 quickie reviews - Nov 25, 2004 20:17
Gamespot' s score was a little harsh, but nevermind. It is just one opinion. The game is on my ' to buy' list. I enjoyed the second one and have secretly been looking foward to number three.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: MGS 3 quickie reviews - Nov 25, 2004 21:13
I played it the other day at a friend' s house. I liked the gameplay but I didn' t enjoy the hour of dialogue before you actually get to play the game. From what I played it looks like it will be a pretty challenging game to beat...everything you have is limited. I kind of dig that myself. Of course I have never played an MGS game to the end...and to be honest I have hardly played any MGS game. I just never got into the whole stealth game thing.
Bling

• Total Posts : 67
RE: MGS 3 quickie reviews - Nov 26, 2004 03:01
The game is hard man!

You have the traps,the dogs,the snakes,the camouflage guards!

Oh yea and you have the monkeys!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: MGS 3 quickie reviews - Nov 26, 2004 12:34
I think I’m in a minority when it comes to games in that I like story in games, even if it is as stupidly long as Metal Gear Solid’s. It really drew me into the world of MGS2 and despite what other people thought I was satisfied with Raiden. The story though confusing towards the end was very well done. It’s something I’m looking forward to about MGS3.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: MGS 3 quickie reviews - Nov 26, 2004 14:47
From what I' ve read about the game, the story is pretty well done in this one.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: MGS 3 quickie reviews - Nov 28, 2004 04:34
thanks i never saw all theys scores for it this game is going to be on my wishlist
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: MGS 3 quickie reviews - Nov 28, 2004 19:20
New impressions:

This game is top friggin notch.

The story, while long in cutscenes, draws me in much better than MGS2. It actually follows actual events from the cold war era, with footage. It all fits together so well I actually enjoy watching the cutscenes this time around.

I don' t really think of this as a spoiler, but if you want to know nothing about the game then don' t read this. I like the healing system. You actually have to clean a wound, stitch it up and bandage it. You can break bones, and have to fix them.

Gameplay is better this time around, IMO. The loss of the radar from MGS2 actually helps the gameplay in the jungle environments. You can crawl around in the grass and try to spot enemies. Spy on them to see where they should go next and make your move.

Anyway, if you like Metal Gear games at all, this one is the one to play. And I' m only about 5 hours into it.
Bling

• Total Posts : 67
RE: MGS 3 quickie reviews - Nov 29, 2004 02:19
I also like the story more than anythin in mgs

yeah the healing system is good and the radar its cool ' cause it makes you go slow and check the enviroment for any threats

EVA....................

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message