Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 2K Sports back with a new football game
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
2K Sports back with a new football game - Feb 01, 2007 11:37
American football, that is, with all due respect to afficianados of the beautiful sport known as football in every other country.

For quite a while there' s been speculation that 2K Sports would try and work around EA' s exclusive NFL license by signing on retired Hall of Famers, and judging by the name " All-Pro Football 2K8" it seems that they might have done just that. Although without the NFL license it most likely won' t surpass the sales of Madden, it could play a similar role as " Winning Eleven" plays to the officially-licensed FIFA series.

The 2K series of football games had surpassed Madden in quality for a few years and were on the verge of overtaking Madden in sales with the 2K5 iteration aggressively priced at $19.99. Only just now are the Madden games starting to look as nice as the now-three-year old NFL 2K5.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 2K Sports back with a new football game - Feb 01, 2007 12:23
Madden games have been complete shit since they got the exclusive liscense.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: 2K Sports back with a new football game - Feb 01, 2007 13:04

Madden games have been complete shit since they got the exclusive liscense.

I thought they were before anyway :P
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: 2K Sports back with a new football game - Feb 02, 2007 00:57
The only madden games i can play are 06 and 07 for the 360. Everyone says that its because im a fanboy that i dont like the ps2 or 3 version, but there is a difference. The 360 version is less complex which makes it semi fun. The Sony versions the person your playing as on defense has to literally have a higher overall stat to tackle the ball-carrier. It basically winds up being " who gets the cointoss in overtime?"

I dont play madden because i choose to, I play it because there is not other football games, but now i guess i have 2k again
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: 2K Sports back with a new football game - Feb 02, 2007 02:34
I wonder if, since there won' t be any officially licensed teams, there will be an elaborate team management sim aspect, all the way up to renovating/building new stadiums.

I expect things like uniforms to be fully customizable, and I would expect that players can upload and download them, so that within a few weeks it' ll be possibly to get a close approximation of all the NFL team uniforms if that' s what you wanna do.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: 2K Sports back with a new football game - Feb 03, 2007 01:40
Good to see they are coming back.

This is the kind of stuff that bugs me more than anything in the video game industry. Someone came along and upset EA' s monopoly in the sports market, and they got angry. So instead of making a better game in order to compete and try and reclaim their sales, or lower their prices like they always should have, the throw around their money and buy out ESPN and the NFL license. I don' t think I can belay the disgust I have for what EA did. I personally was angry with EA for being such poor performers for quite a while, then 2k sports comes out with better games for cheaper, so I' m thinking great, this will force EA to either make better games, or lower the price! But no, that would be the actions of a quality video game developer, instead, lets fuck over the little guy and throw around our name and money at the big names in order to get their complete support.

As a side note, I think EA makes some good games. But EA sports only has one title I buy, and its Fight Night. The only game they have made in a long time that actually brought back a genre of game, and improved it greatly.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: 2K Sports back with a new football game - Feb 03, 2007 05:27
The madden series could be great if they would use more time on it. They usually release the september before the year on the case. For example, instead of releasing Madden 08 in september 07, they should atleast wait till February after the super bowl

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll