Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Passion of the Christ
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
The Passion of the Christ - Feb 28, 2004 15:58
Has anyone seen it yet?
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Feb 29, 2004 15:33
No I have not, But hopefully I will soon. This movie intruiges me, but I am sure it will not live up to the hype.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Feb 29, 2004 19:35
But wait it did live up to the hype. $76 million the first weekend.
$117 million in 5 days.

My friends seen the movie and said its a really good movie.
I' m going to go see it on monday.
neminem

• Total Posts : 45
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 01, 2004 06:28
Haven' t. Don' t plan to. But check out http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2004-02-29-1.aspx for a generally good review; even if it is written by a pious Christian, it' s written by a pious Christian who happens to be the best writer on the face of the planet ;-).
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 07, 2004 04:37
Hoping to see it tomorrow. I have seen the " Making Of" and it looked great. Being a religous movie I think having a " pious Christian" write and produce it only makes it more desirable.

Russian Mobster

RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 07, 2004 08:02
Seen it today.And let me tell u this is the best movie EVER.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 10, 2004 18:38
Yes, I' m what most call a casual christian. I don' t always go to church, but I do believe in Jesus and God. THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER. This has made me completely made me rethink my life. But, you may want to go to see Passion of the Christ by yourself, because even I was in tears by the end.
Russian Mobster

RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 11, 2004 05:34
I think if u dont cry during this movie your not Human.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 11, 2004 05:43
let' s test our humanity then! i' m goin to a premiere of it here. On March 26.
Rikka

RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 16, 2004 04:51
Still waiting to see it - and just because it is a box office success doesn' t mean it will live up to the hype, being a religious movie, it will have individual significance. I just hope that it lives up to my expectations, rather that it lives up to what I have heard. As a side note, my parents just went to see it, and they were rather unimpressed - it didn' t live up to the " hype" for them.
Russian Mobster

RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 17, 2004 20:02
If u ever read the BIBLE u would know exactly what to expect.Because this is the most accurate movie about Christ ever.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 17, 2004 21:42
Well, I' m an avid Catholic and I have yet to see it. I just haven' t had time. I' m actually nervous about seeing it. I don' t want to see " Jesus" die. I' ve heard enough vivid descriptions about his death and it makes my heart sink. This is coming from a guy that loves bloody movies and games. I' ll probably see it though.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 19, 2004 03:26
Ok guys, I have seen the movie now..

Right off the bat I want to say the movie was astonishing. I think we are lucky to be alive in a time where such an event can be recreated for our benefit.

Right from the start the movie is instense. For 2 hours you will not eat or drink anything! Let me tell you right away there is nothing " entertaining" about this movie. It is the death of Christ. That said, it is the best movie of its type ever created.

Yes the movie is very very gory. You will see things that you have never seen happen so vividly on the big screen. I dont think there was a dry eye in the place, honestly. I dont cry much but I could not hold back the tears at one point. I would say that the hardest of heart will be getting a little chokec up and misty-eyed to say the least.

Now the direction of the movie was to show you just how great Christ' s suffering really was, and what his sacrifice really was and what it meant. I think Mel Gibson did a great job. I have read all four volumes of " City Of God" or " The Mystical City Of God" by Mary of Agreda long before this movie was ever though of, and I think the 2 go hand in hand.

I plan on seeing the movie at least 1 more time while it is still in theatres. I have heard from other people who have seen it twice that you get even more out of it the second time. I believe that because it was so intense and so much was going on, it was hard to take it all in. Certainly go see it, whether or not your Catholic, Protostant, Muslim, Jew, or Agnostic you will not be disapointed. In the end the Devil does not want you to see this movie as with anything else, so its not going to be easy. But let me tell you this, if you dont you will regret it..you will regret it.
Russian Mobster

RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 19, 2004 06:53
Spacepiston i couldnt of said it better.
Call911

• Total Posts : 51
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 19, 2004 16:34
i saw it with my church. i didnt cry but my gf did. this was by far the best movie i have seen. gibson did a good job with sticking to the scriptures. i dont understand the people who complain about the gore though. thats how it was, its like they want to change the death of jesus into a warm fuzzy thing that he went through to save us, when really it was degrading and painful and the ultimate sacrifice he could have made for us. even if your not a christian you should see this movie. though you' ll probably be drained of all energy and feeling for several hours.
Rikka

RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 28, 2004 05:30

ORIGINAL: Russian Mobster

If u ever read the BIBLE u would know exactly what to expect.Because this is the most accurate movie about Christ ever.

That is the overstatement of the year. Everything is open to interpretation, including a biblical story. I myself am Catholic as well, I have been raised on this story. my mother (who I mentioned was not overly impressed by the story) is a Catholic Lay minister and Pastoral assitant. So one' s love/disappointment of/inthis movie does not implcitly correlate to one' s level of faith, or knowledge of the bible.

Still have not seen it, more so now due to the time constraints. It is on my list of things to do, and I am not one to let other people' s review of a movie bias my enjoyment of it. So, I shall truly wait to see what is what when I get the chance to see it.
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Mar 31, 2004 18:42
Im really pumped to see this movie.. especially after all the wonderful reviews people have said.
Like Rikka I' ve been under time constraints lately too... I' m hoping to see it sometime shortly *crosses fingers* It' ll be great!!!!
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Apr 05, 2004 21:40
Sounds like a powerful movie. If a casual christain(imortalaldanmx) says its good, then I think i will see it.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Apr 06, 2004 02:00

I think if u dont cry during this movie your not Human.

This is true. I didn' t cry but I definately had the urge numerous times. I saw it last night and was amazed with how well the movie came up. It was really good.
I suppose you could say that I am also an avid Catholic and I found the movie to be incredibly powerful.
For me though I found that I found myself feeling less sad but more anger. Like I felt like SOMEone should have done something to stop the cruel punishment.
Not to say it was sad though. Anyone else feel this way?

Again, it was incredibly powerful and so well done that it' s a must see.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: The Passion of the Christ - Apr 14, 2004 00:54
i watched it once. I had the urge to cry once (my eyes just watered). I watched it again a week later, i had the urge to cry once, and then at a later scene my eyes watered and tears rolled down. And those were not from the torture scenes mind you. Powerful movie!

Oh, and i can' t be biased because Jim Caviezl is goodlooking or anything like that coz i' m a guy. Those were genuine... tears because for the first time i could envision how much my God was determined to carry that cross all the way!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message