Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Independent Games Festival Winners Announced
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Independent Games Festival Winners Announced - Dec 10, 2006 04:26
From Gamasutra:

The IGF organizers have announced the Main Competition finalists for the 2007 Independent Games Festival, from an amazing field of 141 entries this year. Nominations are led by Bit Blot' s dreamlike, innovatively controlled 2D underwater adventure title Aquaria, which garnered 4 nominations, including one for the Seumas McNally Grand Prize.

According to a statement: " Other Grand Prize nominees included Queasy Games' cleverly designed abstract shoot-em-up, Everyday Shooter, which grabbed 3 nominations in total - nominees for the top prize were rounded out by Peter Stock' s intelligently complex physics puzzle game Armadillo Run, Three Rings' Wild West indie strategy MMO Bang! Howdy, and Naked Sky' s Xbox Live Arcade action-puzzler RoboBlitz.

Other notable IGF finalists grabbing nominations for design-related innovation include DigiPen-constructed first-person shooter set in a world of blocks (which act as both terrain and weapons!), Toblo, as well as NABI Software' s extremely original turn-based ragdoll fighting game Toribash. Elsewhere, Best Web Browser Game finalists include Amanita Design' s beautifully drawn adventure title Samorost 2, Visual Art finalists also have a plethora of highlights, including The Behemoth' s Xbox Live Arcade title Castle Crashers.

Finally, the Excellence In Audio category includes Skinflake' s Racing Pitch, in which the player uses a microphone to imitate a car engine in order to power his on-screen vehicle, and Technical Excellence also has a multitude of stand-outs, including Cryptic Sea' s physics puzzler Blast Miner and EvStream' s multiplayer space title Armada Online."

In the Excellence in Visual Art category, I will be pulling for Samorost 2. But I also have a lot of admiration for the style and strange humor in Golf?

Check out the article here for specific links to the nominees, or proceed directly to the Independent Games Festival website.
< Message edited by zoy -- 10 Mar 07 20:50:57 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message