Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fat kids break a sweat to play games...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 07, 2006 04:55
Now just what the hell do you make of this...

Step2Play

The Oceana Trading Company has released a new addition to its Gymkids range--the Step2Play exercise machine, which works with the PlayStation to keep games working only as long as kids keep stepping on the machine.

The product uses patented technology and claims to work with any PlayStation or PlayStation 2 game. A sensor detects if the desired exercise rate is not maintained and pauses the game until kids get stepping again.

The exercise machines are designed to be used by children aged between 7 and 11 years old, and cost £115 each (around $218)--but the company stresses that they are not meant to be used without parental supervision.

It pauses if you don' t keep stepping? Wouldn' t the kid be smart enough to just take the damn thing out and put the controller back in like it was originally? Who the f**k would even dream of buying this junk?
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 07, 2006 04:59
This is funny, Wii is the new exercise/game craze people should know that. I mean you aren' t forced to exercise with it, but you damn well can.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 07, 2006 04:59

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Who the f**k would even dream of buying this junk?

Fat gaming kids parents, parents who love videogames that have fat chilren....

People buying the PS3??? They must be accustomed to useless peripherals by now..
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 07, 2006 05:24
Sounds like they' ve finally managed to remove the fun from the DDR interface!

How the f*** are you supposed to aim properly if you have to be walking to keep the game going?!
JalleNalle

• Total Posts : 191
RE: Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 07, 2006 05:46
Well, if you think about it you could improve this idea. If you have to maybe do 30 pushups or 20 chin ups every halfhour you play a game, you would get a whole lot healthier... But I would hate to play a game that way. When I wanna be healthy I eat carrots and visit the gym. When I want to play videogames I rather eat myself fat with chips and lie in the sofa and smell like shit!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 07, 2006 08:15
Majiks right, if the kid had half a brain then they would pull out this expensive piece of hardware, or find some means around it. And that wallet busting US$218 it will probably slim down your wallet more then your fat kid!

Its a good idea in theory but i don' t think this will take off.

On the other hand i agree with Alecrein, Wii will definately be the exercise console. Look at Wii boxing - that alone can really give you a good work out!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 08, 2006 06:37
...do the truffle-shuffle fat a$$... ...that' s sure to work up a sweat, and it' s free......
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 08, 2006 07:09

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

...do the truffle-shuffle fat a$$... ...that' s sure to work up a sweat, and it' s free......

Hehehe, the truffle shuffle!

The Goonies was awesome, ...i might have to watch it again now...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 08, 2006 08:24

How the f*** are you supposed to aim properly if you have to be walking to keep the game going?!
They just turn off the head-bob & you' re golden.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Fat kids break a sweat to play games... - Nov 08, 2006 08:36
I came up with something like this once, but it worked in reverse. There was no stepping involved, but if you stopped playing the game, you' d get a heavy electric shock. I sold the rights to the whole thing to Sony, they said they' d put it into a ' future product' .

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll