Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Patting myself on the back
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Patting myself on the back - Aug 19, 2004 02:29
I think I had a pretty awesome week for videogaming. It all started when I saw a used Sega CD at my former employer, Game Crazy. I wanted it sooo bad, but only wanted it for the wires. I already owned a Genesis 1 and Sega CD but didn' t have the original wires to hook them up. So I figured I' d let those dreams slide for a second.

Cut to a couple days later.

I' m online when I hear of this awesome 50% off deal at Toys R Us. Naturally I rush over there and grab two great games. Crazy Taxi 3 -- and lets be honest, it' s only so great to own for the original Crazy Taxi with a jump feature and modified levels -- I also picked up Guilty Gear X2 for the PS2. Needless to say I was happy and didn' t plan on buying any games for a while.

Cut to yesterday.

Out of boredom I renew my interest in the Sega CD. I pull my old Sega CD out of the box and start putting together the puzzle. I don' t have any of the wires, but the Sega CD only needs a AC adapter. Awesome because I so happen to have an extra AC adapter. But now the Genesis. I have no wires but the Sega CD from Game Crazy had a Genesis 2 hooked up to it, and I was always told that Genesis 2' s wouldn' t work with Sega CD' s. Almost thought I was screwed. But I figured what the heck. I took out my old Genesis 2 (brought it to replace my Genesis 1), I unattached the Genesis 1 and hooked the Sega CD up to it. Unfortunately, I had no games so the test run had to wait.

Cut to today.

There' s a place around here called Buyco that sells tons of old videogames. Figured I could go up there and see what they have. They had little. But they did have Mortal Kombat 1 for 6 bucks. So I snatched that up and ran home. I quickly popped it into my Sega CD and wallah! My Sega CD was up and running again. But now I had to find the game I lost so many years ago..... Sonic CD. I searched furiously online but could only find a couple copies on Ebay. I didn' t really want to sign up for Ebay so I figured I' d try one more place around here. It' s called Videogame Exchange and they have a history of horribly ripping people off -- but I was desperate. I called up there and asked if they have any. They do! 19.99! A bit pricey, but only 10 bucks more than the cheapest copy I could get off Ebay. And I didn' t have to go through the hassle of Ebay (and the actual waiting for the game to get here without ever seeing the back of the disc). I get out there and the game is perfect -- but on the inside of the disc they engraved their freakin initials to mark the copy (fraud protection so they say). It' s not on the data so it didn' t affect the game, but it' s still pretty freakin' weird and uncomfortable. Regardless, Sonic CD works fine!

I' m so happy. Not only did I get my Sega CD up and running again, but I picked up two of my fav games of all time. Sonic CD (which is still my fav Sonic game to date - figure 8 dash for life baby!) and the CT3 version of Crazy Taxi 1. Getting a perfect copy of Mortal Kombat 1 and Guilty Gear X2 was an added bonus to a great retro week for me.

DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Patting myself on the back - Aug 19, 2004 02:36
Glad to hear that you brought some nostalgia back into your life.

Not to mention...Sonic CD rocks!!! ...even at $20!!!
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Patting myself on the back - Aug 19, 2004 04:38
Let me also add that I managed to do all this for about 55 bucks.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Patting myself on the back - Aug 19, 2004 06:14
well done, you deserve that pat on the back.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Patting myself on the back - Aug 19, 2004 15:13
Well done lotus...you have more patience than I do

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages