Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 retro stuff....what happens to the arcades ?
464cpc

• Total Posts : 52
retro stuff....what happens to the arcades ? - May 26, 2006 10:36
sorry guys to mention such an old thing but you have cover allmost everything....
i am bored.....its late.....so lets remember....

Although there were significant internal differences between the psx and saturn
( my opinion is that the psx was a more polygon pusher,whereas the saturn boasted strong 2d abilities) both were clearly very capable formats. so capable in fact, that the huge gap which had always existed between home consoles and coin-ops seemed to be lets say diminishing ?
sega and namco were not worried about their valuable arcade market,however , because both were working on more advanced tech ,-namely model 2 and system 22. instead they used the power of the 32bit consoles in cheap arcade boards :
namcos system 11 and segas st-v (titan).this was the key event in the history of videogaming it meant that for the 1st time truly arcade-quality games would find their way to home because truly they developed on consoles.this was the beginning of the end for arcades and the enriched of consoles markets.......
i mean we were able to have the coin-ops (almost) in our warm homes and forget the arcades ? call me romantic or anything else you want ,but i love the sound of coin-ops, i love all the poeple in the line fighting , i love the atmosphere inside these rooms.....anyway i hope not to make you bored.
thanks for just reading this......
< Message edited by 464cpc -- 26 May 06 2:42:37 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread