Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 UK Gets PS3 March 23rd for 425 GBP
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
UK Gets PS3 March 23rd for 425 GBP - Jan 18, 2007 13:01
PS3' s UK Price Point
PS3' s Release Date

GamesIndustry.biz

Senior retail sources have told GamesIndustry.biz that the 60GB PlayStation 3 will go on sale in the UK for GBP 425, as previously stated by Sony UK boss Ray Maguire.

Now several retail execs have confirmed that the GBP 425 figure is correct, and said they are expecting an official announcement from Sony next week.

The announcement is also expected to confirm a March 23 launch date across Europe, as previously reported.

A SCEE spokesperson has told GamesIndustry.biz that PlayStation 3 is still on track to launch in Europe in March, despite suggestions from Sony CEO Howard Stringer that it will be here in April.

But a spokesperson told GI.biz, " It is not the case that PS3 is launching in April," adding that suggestions otherwise are " incorrect" .

" The date has been and still is March," the spokesperson confirmed.

Hmmm... Doesn' t effect me much, so I' ll let you Europeans squabble for a while.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 18 Jan 07 5:04:08 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: UK Gets PS3 March 23rd for 425 GBP - Jan 18, 2007 15:39
That howard stringer can even make a mistake like that is beyond me. The incompetence that is Sony excists on all levels. How they ever were succesful is an enigma
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: UK Gets PS3 March 23rd for 425 GBP - Jan 19, 2007 00:30
This is why I posted in the other forum saying, " too much speculation in this thread" . No point in reacting to things that haven' t been confirmed. Glad to see it was just a slipup by some chump executive.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll