Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Spider-Man 3
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Spider-Man 3 - Jul 05, 2004 18:30
So now John' s S-M2 review is done (https://movies.kikizo.com/reviews/cinema/spider-man2.asp) we have the news that Spider-Man 3 might be the last... at least the last that Dunst appears in...#

See that news here... https://movies.kikizo.com/news/200407/004.asp

What do you all think... how important is Dunst/Mary Jane to Spider-Man 4,5 etc?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 05, 2004 18:39
Thing is Dunst, Mcguire, and direcotr Sam Raimi only signed up for a 3 movie contract, since all 3 felt that 3 movies was good enuff. I really dont like when a movie re-casts a person it just takes from the whole thing for some reason. So if they can' t get the whole cast back I really wouldnt be interested in a 4th movie. And I' m a huge fan of Raimi, all the way back to his Evil Dead flicks, so I' d hate to see him leave the directors chair after SM3.

Back to the origional question how important is mary jane? Well they could get her completly out of th epicture and begin to introduce the other female characters in the spider man series such as Felicia. Mary did dissappear form the series at one point for a bit. The biggest thing im concerened with is Raimi.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 05, 2004 19:21
They could easily replace Dunst with Jennifer Love Hewitt ;)
Now THAT would make one hell of a Mary Jane.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 05, 2004 19:27
I' d rather have Raimi leave after a 3rd film. Why you ask? A little movie called Evil Dead 4. Raimi' s said he would love to team back up with Bruce to make a 4th, but he doesn' t have the time right now. I like the Spiderman films but I just can' t see Maguire and Dunst hanging around for too many more movies after a 3rd flick.
Mass X

RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 05, 2004 19:40
Ya thatd be the only reason Id wanna see Raimi go. But I dont want the spiderman series torn down by some incompatant director.
fictionised

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 06, 2004 06:11
Meh, I don' t care if Dunst goes, as long as they stick to the comics....

I find it a little lame that every scene has Dunst in a top in the cold rain, remembering that she forgot to put her bra on that day- never fails....

I just want Venom to be in one, and Carnage, but they weren' t until waaaayyyy later- he still has to beat Birdman, Magic guy with the mind powers and stuff, Electricity man, etc...
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 06, 2004 07:25
yea, i' d like to see carnage and venom in there, they' re vicious. probably the best reason i have is because i want to see 3 spideys iin free for all, cool huh. anways, if that' s gonna happen in sm3, then i' ll probably the last
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 06, 2004 18:12
Too many sequels of any movie usually ends up blah! As for the girl? Don' t like her acting anyways. If they do make a 3rd, it' ll probably be Dr.Connor turning into that lizard (one of my fav characters).
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 20, 2004 15:52
No it won' t be lizard man
They have to end the little feud between Harry & Spiderman
So..... the hobgoblin will be next

As for more movies I think they could re-cast everyone and pseudo-start over so as to kinda resume but kinda not from the others.
The 3 could be:
4 - Venom
5 - Carnage
6 - The other symbiotes

Other possibilities are Electro, Rhino, Chameleon, Mysterio, Lizard Man, Vulture,etc.

Anyone hear about Dunst saying that spiderman should die in one of the movies to end it all or something.
Penny arcade has a funny comic about it
She Might Have Struck A Nerve
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 20, 2004 22:46
That was an understatement...of course Gabe does like his Spiderman.
Mass X

RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 21, 2004 13:31
If they wanna go out with a bang they should have Harry as hobgoblin hire the Sinister 6.
Vysehrahd

• Total Posts : 46
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 22, 2004 20:44
Spider man did kind of make their carrier... i bet they would actualy beg to come back to the spider man set after their 3 are over. I mean, where do you think dunst' s carrier peaked? bring it on? lol spiderman made both of them. Just like how Starwars made Mark Hammil
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Jul 23, 2004 23:16
If They can' t get Kirsten Dunst back, I say they should kill off Mary Jane. Possibly not for good... have her vanish and look like she' s dead so there' s still a chance for her to come back. But if they really can' t get Dunst back leave Mary Jane alone.

Bad guys... I really want to see Venom but not in the next movie. They should get in Eddie Brock and build him up a bit in the next movie, let his hate for Peter Parker / Spiderman grow a bit. Then in Spiderman 4 unleash Venom and have it the greatest movie of all taime, hahaha.
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Aug 08, 2004 16:09
to be honest i wouldnt have chosen Dunst to play mary-jane in the first place. I dont know who i wouldve chosen, but definitely not her. But i agree with whatabout_paul on the leave-her-if-she-aint-coming-back-part.

I would also love to see venom and carnage.that would be carnage in biblical proportions ( no pun intended ).
Id also like to see spidey run for his money. He could hardly handle ock ( which made for a couple of awesome brawls ), so when u throw in 6 willains at once, including goblin, then you' ve got some non stop fighting. They should throw in Black cat too, just for the hell of it.
Mass X

RE: Spider-Man 3 - Aug 09, 2004 01:00
If ne1 was wondering the sinister six are - Dr.Octopus, Electro, The Vulture, The Hobgoblin, Mysterio and The Sandman.

But with Doc Ock dead I guess it wouldnt work so well...but its a comic world and major twists do occur.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Aug 13, 2004 00:38
I don' t know about Dock Ock being dead. They never showed him actually dying, just fading towards the bottom of the river. He could still return if they really wanted him back. Heck, if William Defore can appear in Spidey 2 after being killed off convincingly in the first, Dock Ock could come back and start causing more mayhem.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Spider-Man 3 - Aug 16, 2004 14:46
Yes but William Dafoe IS dead. Sorry to ruin it but that wasn' t his live body.
However, it is true that they COULD bring Doc Ock if they wanted to but no more green golbin for sure.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll