Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3 - Jul 03, 2007 05:36
what a loss for ps3, i' m sure people were really looking forward to this game...

but what' s more interesting is that the game will be released on 360 the 11th september, Koei said that there are problems occuring with unreal engine on ps3.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160735

but then Vegas ps3 is based on unreal engin 3 and it' s very similar to 360, so what' s going on ?
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 2 Jul 07 22:02:50 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3 - Jul 03, 2007 06:14

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

but then Vegas ps3 is based on unreal engin 3 and it' s very similar to 360, so what' s going on ?

Framerate.
Abasoufiane

RE: Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3 - Jul 03, 2007 06:17
u said before the framerate was the same on 360 and ps3 for vegas, or do you mean that inertia needs this time 60fps and ps3 can' t pull it off easily with the unreal engine?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3 - Jul 03, 2007 06:25

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

u said before the framerate was the same on 360 and ps3 for vegas, or do you mean that inertia needs this time 60fps and ps3 can' t pull it off easily with the unreal engine?

The framerate in Vegas is fine and it' ll hopefully be 60fps in UT3 on both consoles, but neither f those games are quite as fast as Fatal Inertia. I' m guessing they were going for 60fps, or at least a stable 30+blur and simply couldn' t manage it.

Bear in mind that this is Koei, and not a competent codehouse. UE3.0 on PS3 will be far harder for them to figure out than it has been for Ubisoft and what you weren' t told is that Ubisoft Montreal had a couple of guys from Epic over for a while during development to assist in getting everything up and running on 360 and then again to help port the code to PS3. Koei and other lesser developers won' t get that kind of assistance.

The amusing thing is that the game was announced as a PS3 exclusive, then went multi-platform and is now becoming a 360 exclusive. That' s just insane!

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3 - Jul 03, 2007 07:36
Too bad the game looks like ass.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3 - Jul 03, 2007 09:37

Bear in mind that this is Koei, and not a competent codehouse.

As much as I enjoy chuckling about Koei, they' ve been around since the 8-bit days. I' d say they are consistent in their mediocrity, but not incompetent.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3 - Jul 03, 2007 09:56
I don' t even remember what this game looks like. I know it reminds me of one of their Gamecube titles, because I was making fun of it for that a while back.
Abasoufiane

RE: Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3 - Jul 03, 2007 10:39
here is some screenshots, told you this game has AAA all over it

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4520_en.aspx
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Fatal inertia delayed indefinitly for ps3 - Jul 04, 2007 03:59
Hmm... I hadn' t actually looked at any images of this game until now. I like the environment designs. The ships need better textures, but I kind of like their designs too. Looks like they' re on the right track for a 60 fps futuristic arcade racer. Of course, a lot of y' all will be tripping that there' s aliasing.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll