Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Picking the best third-party card for DS
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
Picking the best third-party card for DS - Jan 23, 2007 16:43
I just got my DS, so I' m planning to pay for a full third-party card/cart set to run any homebrew and for multimedia stuff.

Currently, the most widely and easily available is Supercard. I can get the Supercard Lite and Passkey plus a 1 GB MicroSD for $120, which after calculating, is about right if I bought them seperately instead of in a set.

The thing is, I' m not too sure of the Supercard' s abilities. It' s frequently updated so that' s good, but it seems to have a messy save function.

The alternative was a G6 Lite, but since the company that imported it to Singapore seems to have gone bust, or underground, it' s prolly a no.

I' m not sure of alternatives. Thinking of maybe importing one of those that only uses the DS slot, like the brand new Ninjapass, or DS extreme.

What I' m looking for:

- Expandable memory, or at least up to 512MB or 1GB.
- Moonshell
- Something that fits the DS Lite, and hopefully wouldn' t require sanding due to some of its dimensions being off.
- G6 has built-in NES and SNES emulation (or so I heard). Not sure of the others, but that would be great.
- Compatible with the DS Web browser. NinjaPass is suppose to be compatible with the expansion RAM as well, but I' m not sure.
- Some measure of homebrew friendliness, besides roms and stuff.
- Constant updates of firmware and software from the developers.

For convenience, I might just aim for Supercard for now. But hopefully, someone can suggest to me some good alternatives.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll