Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 19:33
" Industry chatter at the Tokyo event claimed Resident Evil' s no-show is owing to Microsoft tying up a shock exclusivity deal for 360, with an announcement due at the US firm' s X06 event in Barcelona next week.

Speaking exclusively to GamesIndustry.biz at TGS 2006, Xbox boss Sensui refused to pour cold water on the rumour when questioned, stating that it had already been announced for Xbox 360 and that he really liked N3."

There has been a rumor that it wasn' t even coming to 360 so...
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 26 Sep 06 11:33:54 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 19:39
This sounds like a very nice thing. It would really put a big on my face!

But anyway Quez, you should raelly learn to put a link to all your posts. You always forget
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 19:41
Dammit!

And i did link to it...
Vx Chemical

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 19:50

quote:

Speculation over the destination of Capcom' s latest Resident Evil horror blockbuster has been reignited, with Xbox Japan boss Takashi Sensui refusing to deny fresh rumours that Microsoft has snatched exclusivity for the game.

The first next-gen instalment in Capcom' s lucrative zombie franchise, which was announced for both PS3 and 360 last year, was conspicuous by its complete absence from last week' s pivotal Tokyo Game Show, despite being pencilled in for a release by March 2007 according to the Japanese company' s own fiscal reports.

Industry chatter at the Tokyo event claimed Resident Evil' s no-show is owing to Microsoft tying up a shock exclusivity deal for 360, with an announcement due at the US firm' s X06 event in Barcelona next week.

Speaking exclusively to GamesIndustry.biz at TGS 2006, Xbox boss Sensui refused to pour cold water on the rumour when questioned, stating that it had already been announced for Xbox 360 and adding, somewhat enigmatically: " All I can say is we are very good friends with Mr Inafune [the game' s producer]."

Capcom, for its part, has not made any suggestion that Resident Evil 5' s original status as a PS3 and Xbox 360 title has changed. But the former Sony stalwart has been forging increasingly close ties with Microsoft. Survival-horror romp Dead Rising, a 360-exclusive, recently released to great success in Europe, and a further hotly-tipped Xbox-only title, Lost Planet, is due in January. Capcom is also currently working on a separate Resident Evil title, Umbrella Chronicles, exclusively for Nintendo' s Wii system.

Should the rumours prove to be of substance, the securing of 360 exclusivity for Resident Evil 5 would clearly be a massive coup for Microsoft. The series commands a huge global fanbase which would boost its console' s appeal in all territories.

Industry watchers today said the onus was now on Capcom to clarify the status of the title in light of the current speculation. A spokesperson for the Japanese publisher was unavailable for comment.

But then they wouldn' t deny it would they. They wouldn' t say anything if Sony has gotten it either so the future of RE5 is still up in the air. However with X06 coming and no RE5 at TGS (which Sony would have surely shown?!), Microsoft securing the franchise is still a possibility.

It should be noted that Inafune is on really good terms with Microsoft and has been pushing Capcom to put more games on 360.

If RE5 goes to Microsoft then whicle it won' t help them much in Japan (RE4' s timed exclusivity didn' t do much for Gamecube) it will force many western gamers to consider 360, especially if it' s 100% exclusive.

It needs to be noted that Microsoft are getting crafty with their terminology and usage of words. The multi-platform status of the title may not have changed at all.

EUROGAMER

From Majiks post on the subject!
< Message edited by Vx Chemical -- 26 Sep 06 11:52:08 >
Nitro

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 19:51
I' ll just post what i posted in my thread in here...

Speculation over the destination of Capcom' s latest Resident Evil horror blockbuster has been reignited, with Xbox Japan boss Takashi Sensui refusing to deny fresh rumours that Microsoft has snatched exclusivity for the game.

The first next-gen instalment in Capcom' s lucrative zombie franchise, which was announced for both PS3 and 360 last year, was conspicuous by its complete absence from last week' s pivotal Tokyo Game Show, despite being pencilled in for a release by March 2007 according to the Japanese company' s own fiscal reports.

Industry chatter at the Tokyo event claimed Resident Evil' s no-show is owing to Microsoft tying up a shock exclusivity deal for 360, with an announcement due at the US firm' s X06 event in Barcelona next week.

Speaking exclusively to GamesIndustry.biz at TGS 2006, Xbox boss Sensui refused to pour cold water on the rumour when questioned, stating that it had already been announced for Xbox 360 and adding, somewhat enigmatically: " All I can say is we are very good friends with Mr Inafune [the game' s producer]."

Capcom, for its part, has not made any suggestion that Resident Evil 5' s original status as a PS3 and Xbox 360 title has changed. But the former Sony stalwart has been forging increasingly close ties with Microsoft. Survival-horror romp Dead Rising, a 360-exclusive, recently released to great success in Europe, and a further hotly-tipped Xbox-only title, Lost Planet, is due in January. Capcom is also currently working on a separate Resident Evil title, Umbrella Chronicles, exclusively for Nintendo' s Wii system.

Should the rumours prove to be of substance, the securing of 360 exclusivity for Resident Evil 5 would clearly be a massive coup for Microsoft. The series commands a huge global fanbase which would boost its console' s appeal in all territories.

Industry watchers today said the onus was now on Capcom to clarify the status of the title in light of the current speculation. A spokesperson for the Japanese publisher was unavailable for comment.

But then they wouldn' t deny it would they. They wouldn' t say anything if Sony has gotten it either so the future of RE5 is still up in the air. However with X06 coming and no RE5 at TGS (which Sony would have surely shown?!), Microsoft securing the franchise is still a possibility.

It should be noted that Inafune is on really good terms with Microsoft and has been pushing Capcom to put more games on 360.

If RE5 goes to Microsoft then whicle it won' t help them much in Japan (RE4' s timed exclusivity didn' t do much for Gamecube) it will force many western gamers to consider 360, especially if it' s 100% exclusive.

It needs to be noted that Microsoft are getting crafty with their terminology and usage of words. The multi-platform status of the title may not have changed at all.

EUROGAMER
Vx Chemical

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 19:52
Lol Majik :P
Nitro

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 19:53
Hahahahaha, thanks VX, i was just doing the same thing...
Vx Chemical

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 19:55
I guess this repeation wont go unnotice so people will get this great rumour which i truly hope is true!
QuezcatoL

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 20:02
well,some people even speuclated that re5 wasn' t coming to 360,now that rumor is dead atleast.
Nitro

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 20:03

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I guess this repeation wont go unnotice so people will get this great rumour which i truly hope is true!

Careful, you may be labeled an Xbox fanboy...

Sony are getting DMC4 and Monster Hunter (both of which should be awesome) and Microsoft is getting Lost Planet, and already has Dead Rising. If they get RE5 in any form of exclusivity it' ll be a HUGE deal. It' s something that wouldn' t only affect gamers, but other studios and publishers too.
Vx Chemical

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 20:06

Careful, you may be labeled an Xbox fanboy...

I' ll wear it with pride

Really though, if its true it should send a sign to Sony that they really need to brigthen up and get things right because if companies like capcom loose faith, its very bad
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 20:19
i just read the rumor section in EGM october 2006 that said the exact opposite, meaning sony is trying to get RE5 exclusively , just a rumor...
QuezcatoL

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 20:21
Wait,is Sony also the company who had to lend 700 million $to cover the ps3 cost?

okay...Then scratch that idea ABA.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 21:19
As the rumours of an exclusive 360 RE5 rise and rise, Capcom stops and takes aim

Well, now we know it' s definitely coming out for 360.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 26 Sep 06 13:20:01 >
Nitro

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 21:27

They went on to add that it' s still very early days for the sequel, which means, unfortunately, it' s likely to be some considerable time before anything of the project is seen outside of Capcom HQ.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When was it first shown?! It' s more than a year now!!
Vx Chemical

RE: RE5 coming to xbox360,perhaps even exclusive! - Sep 26, 2006 21:58

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When was it first shown?! It' s more than a year now!!

Well actually they said that that was just conceptual stuff and not part of an actual game!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll