Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox Live Arcade Vs Nintendo Virtual Console
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Xbox Live Arcade Vs Nintendo Virtual Console - Feb 15, 2006 23:53
The one thing that wasn' t really hyped a lot about 360 is one of it' s best features.

We know Revolution (not N5 majik you freak :) ) will play all previous Nintendo games ad some more (Sega people said they are thinking about letting us play their oldschool titles on it as well) , but lately Xbox Live Arcade has gotten bigger and better and it' s only the start.

They will get Street Fighter soon , plus all those games are Online compatible.
What' s more - people can make new titles for it - low budget highly playable games.

It could turn out to be superior to Nintendo' s offering if MS could get most of the arcade hits on it' s side , since Nintendo will mostly let you play nintendo games.

that doesn' t mean Nintendo will fall behind - it surely will be a huge succes with just their content - but it will feel limited after some time.Still there' s a lot to learn about rev so who knows.

Your thoughts people?

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Xbox Live Arcade Vs Nintendo Virtual Console - Feb 16, 2006 00:10
N5!!!!

Revolution is still a codename.

Anyway, an insider at Nintendo was overheard saying that they hadn' t looked into offering 3rd party games that had appeared on Nintendo' s console, so it' s quite possible that initially it will only be Nintendo developed games.

Now that' s just speculation and not fact.

From what i' ve heard, Nintendo could have entered into an agreement with Sega Sammy that would allow Nintendo to have Sega developed games to download too (THAT would be major), all the way up to Dreamcast.

Ofcourse, nobody' s seen the virtual console yet, let alone can say what will be available or how successful it will be.

Liva Arcade on the other hand is there now, in place and proven. Geometry Wars is fantastic and with Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting coming soon (available to play online) and more following, it could easily surpass Nintendo' s effort.

One of Live Arcades' biggest strengths is that fact that the games don' t have to be ports and can be developed from scratch like Gangsta said.

Personally i' d like to see Microsoft get some SNK games on there and really re-kindle the SF vs KOF debate!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Xbox Live Arcade Vs Nintendo Virtual Console - Feb 16, 2006 06:57
If they get DC games on REV then I' m gonna go fuckin LOCO - I mean that would be the best thing that ever happened to me in my life man :)

Still rumours like that are too good to be true :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Xbox Live Arcade Vs Nintendo Virtual Console - Feb 16, 2006 07:01
I dunno. It' s not that far fetched really. I mean, why wouldn' t Sega Sammy want to make the money (since downloads will be charged for) and why wouldn' t Nintendo want Segas' games?

It would be the perfect unison.

Like you, i would go err...LOCO!
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Xbox Live Arcade Vs Nintendo Virtual Console - Feb 16, 2006 09:30
Ild love to see some of the old 3d Sega arcade games that have not been converted to console before such as ' Scudrace' for Xbox live, and a perfect online version of Outrunners!!

N5 arcade sounds interesting, but we need more info..We dont know enough about it.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Xbox Live Arcade Vs Nintendo Virtual Console - Feb 16, 2006 22:14
I think the whole Sega thing is real since guys at Sega were zeriously interested , but DC games are to big for the flash memory system of Revolution (not N5 :) ) - it would be easy on Live Arcade though.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Xbox Live Arcade Vs Nintendo Virtual Console - Feb 16, 2006 22:40
it will be interesting to see which way publishers go for liscences to their old franchises. The initial rumours about SF2 on XBOX360 were leaked at the same time that Sega were alledgedly discussing DC ports for download on the M$ console. MS are learning quickly about adding heritage to their gaming platform through other means.

Whatever happens, everyone wins! And even if the titles get tied up to one console - there will be emus allround before too long. Heck, I have all my md /sms / snes games on the DC unofficially!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Xbox Live Arcade Vs Nintendo Virtual Console - Feb 17, 2006 00:13
Yeah but it' s different if you play them with nice interface and some info and stuff that would surely be there in the legal versions - I played many emus on X and it' s not always working that well - especially with newer systems like N64 or PSX.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll