Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fable Breaks Sales Records!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Fable Breaks Sales Records! - Sep 24, 2004 17:37
Fable Breaks Sales Records!

Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Fable, the ground-breaking Xbox® roleplaying adventure game, has had an amazing start at retailers across North America in its first week of release, breaking records and selling through more than 375,000 units (grossing roughly $18.7 million U.S.).

Fable sets the stage for a spectacular holiday season for Microsoft Game Studios by paving the way for titles such as Halo 2, Blinx 2 and MechAssault 2. Sales records are being broken at retailers throughout North America: the game was EB Games' biggest first-week sales for any Xbox title ever; it broke Game Rush' s first-day sales record for any game; it is the No. 1-selling overall title on any platform last week at GameStop and is the fastest-selling Xbox game at EB Games Canada for the first week. Fable even grossed more money than the No. 1 box office movie last week, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow*.

" Fable was the best first-week title on Xbox that we' ve ever had" says Jim Tyo, vice president of EB Games Canada. " The game has exceeded our expectations, and we' re confident that this strong sales trend will continue."

" Fable has been a huge hit for us, and it was our number one-selling title across all platforms over the last week" says Dan DeMatteo, president and chief operating officer of GameStop.

In Fable, the players' every action determines their character' s skills, appearances and moralities. Character' s life stories are created from childhood through adulthood and on to old age. They can grow from an inexperienced child into the most powerful being in the world, spoken of by all and immortalized in legend. Players may choose the paths of righteousness or dedicate their characters' lives to evil; observing as they transform into reflections of their actions and decisions. Age leaves characters wizened, battle leaves them scarred, gluttony affects obesity. With experiences come advancement and physical change; whether it is by expanding muscles, a keen eye and nimble form or the buzz of magical energies around their finger tips. As players' characters develop, the world reacts to them and their actions. People comment on their successes, failures, appearances and behaviors. Their many opinions are expressed through applause, mockery, trepidation, panic and even flirtation. With each person characters aid and every creature they slay, the world is changed forever. In Fable, gamers decide: " Who will I be?" For more information about Fable, visit the official site. Fable is available in North America for an estimated retail price of $49.99 (U.S.). Fable will be available in Europe in October.

Microsoft Game Studios is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of games for the Xbox® video game system and Windows® and online platforms. Comprising a network of top developers, Microsoft Game Studios is committed to creating innovative and diverse games for Windows, including such franchises as Age of Empires®, Flight Simulator and Zoo TycoonTM; Xbox, including such franchises as Halo®, Project Gotham Racing and MechAssault; and Zone.com, the official games channel for the MSN® network and home to such hits as Bejeweled and OutSmartTM.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/24/2004 5:38:55 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Fable Breaks Sales Records! - Sep 24, 2004 17:45
Why is Microsoft making such a big deal when a real record breaker happened with the release of Madden 2005? Now THAT was a record breaking event ;)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Fable Breaks Sales Records! - Sep 24, 2004 17:49
I think that Madden 2005' s numbers were based on multi-platform sales, not just sales on the XBOX.

Fable is just on XBOX...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/24/2004 5:50:02 PM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Fable Breaks Sales Records! - Sep 24, 2004 18:11
OH Yeah! That' s true, I almost forgot about that.. Now why did I think Madden 2005 sold all 2 billion copies on the PS2? LOL
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9/24/2004 6:11:38 PM >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Fable Breaks Sales Records! - Sep 25, 2004 13:04
Hehe, that’s good to hear. After all the complaining about Fable it' s nice to see it still being a success. Peter Peter Molyneux must have a big ' ol smile on his face and rightly so. With a fortnight before Fable is unleashed in Europe I think Lionhead and Big Blue Box can expect even more success.
City Hunter

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Fable Breaks Sales Records! - Sep 25, 2004 15:06
Fable...the power of marketing...
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Fable Breaks Sales Records! - Sep 25, 2004 20:11
Meh, it' s a good game too (so I' ve heard) which helps.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll