Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 Launch: UK & Europe
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
360 Launch: UK & Europe - Dec 02, 2005 00:10
It' s 7.45 am and I' m eating my cornflakes as I write this. I' m going to be on a bus to Leeds town centre in half an hour to be at my local indie game store at 9pm. When I return home I should be the proud owner of a shiny new Xbox 360 and games. I say should because apparently people have been queuing up overnight for one of the things. I mean check out this story on the BBC Website http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4490778.stm

I might be an obsessed gamer but not obsessed enough to camp outside a store over night, not a chance. Not when I' ve got a lovely pre-order slip from my local indy store :) They are getting 12 premium packs and I' m number 1 on their order list. In theory all I have to do is waltz to the counter hand it over as well as the remaining £260 + extra for games and I should be handed a console. It being a small store and not a massive retailer like Game (The equivalent of your Electronics Boutique... Indeed Game actually took over all EB stores in the UK) it shouldn' t have attracted too many people lingering outside waiting for the place to open.

Anyway, if any of your UK / Europe lot what to post about the launch do so, it' ll be interesting to hear from you. I can' t be the only UK-er on these forums though... right?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll