Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rare' s Viva Pinata
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 16, 2006 00:22
Thats right, Rare' s next game will be called Viva Pinata.

It will be a game a kin to pokemon, and is styled directly at snatching some of nintendo' s kiddie crowd.

In the game you have to catch Pinatas, you take the role as a gartner on a farm. There are around 60 different Pinatas to catch, some of them good, some of the evil. People around the town will be helpfull to you, and coop over live should be possible!

The game will feature dynamic weather and day and night cycles.

Microsoft wants this to be as big as Pokemon, and a Cartoon will also be launched, along with different kinds of merchandising.

The game is expected during the 06 holiday season exclusively for Xbox

expect more details soon!

< Message edited by vx chemical -- 15 Mar 06 16:54:10 >
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 16, 2006 00:26
Links not working but more images can be found in this link

http://www.xbw.nl/news/7842/

Looks interesting, but I don' t think it' s for me.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 16, 2006 03:03
With all the mature games out and about on Xbox360, this aint sucha bad idea. I just hope chickapoo88 doesnt make me get it. Shes busy playing with her Nintendogs right now so maybe she wont notice this for awhile.

Teamxbox.com just put up 3 news articles on it.

Teamxbox First Look

I just thought about somin. The are Pinatas right? Dont kids beat those things senseless and spill candy from the poor things inner bowels? Will such an act be implemented into a game aimed mainly at kids? heheh...

EDIT: O wait you can do that:

The shovel can also be used to bash a Piñata so that it breaks open to reveal its candy (with the shell floating up ethereally, just like it’s making its way to Piñata Heaven

Read the first look article this game sounds more strangly interesting afterwords.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 15 Mar 06 19:16:04 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 16, 2006 06:03
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 16, 2006 07:18
Turned out to be even more aimed for kids then pokemon,im gonna pass this one,but thats great news for all kids...i guess...
However i played FF7 when i was 11 :P
Vx Chemical

RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 16, 2006 15:13
Id have to see more, games like that never really peaked my interest! But i follow it, depends on what other games i have at the time!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 18, 2006 07:17
was that video used with the 360 in game engine, or was it good old gci?
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 18, 2006 14:01
Its worth renting. I have a 7 (yeah 13 year difference) year old brother that I could play this game with. Its nice to try something that doesn' t have blood in it once in a while.
Vx Chemical

RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 18, 2006 22:39
I dont think it will be a " rent" game since its about collecting stuff. :)
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 20, 2006 22:05
Despite the dispersions people seem to be casting about Rare & Brit developers at the moment, from the screens of this, it seems to me to be exactly the sort of new IP the 360 and M$ needs,

Kameo is a great looking game, and I think, ok they may be getting a bit more support than other developers due to their owner$, but they definetly have one of the better handles in terms of pushing the new hardware, even with the early dev equip.

In fact I' m going to go out of my way to make my contacts with them a little more substantial, as they are a perfect case study, and have been around for yonks
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 20, 2006 22:09
Gameinformer who claimed my ubi soft list was real...also claims now bnajo kazooie 3 for 360 is being dev by rare,might be true :O rare refuse to comment at the moment.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Rare' s Viva Pinata - Mar 20, 2006 22:30
I want a next gen Banjoe game and everybody knows it. It' s right up there near the top of my most wanted list.

In fact, there are 3 Rare games i want in my top 10. Killer Instinct 3, Banjoe 3 and a next-gen Conker. I love Rare' s sense of humour because it' s distinctly British.

Kameo, i thought was a GREAT showcase for what can be achieved on 360 and although a little short, it was probabloy one of the best launch games any console has had.

PDZ on the other hand was rubbish, overhyped and full of stupid desgin problems. Frankly, i hate it, ...which sucks because i loved the original game.

I think that Microsoft will definately be pushing Rare for another Banjoe game, they know it would sell tons and it would be the only serious competition that Mario 128 would have!

they may be getting a bit more support than other developers due to their owner$,

Absolutely, and for this reason you can bet you' re bottom dollar that Halo 3 will look amazing. I think Microsoft is giving most of the bigger and more important devs as much help as possible and i think XNA will help even more. Asd soon as dev' s get the toolkit there should be a noticable jump in visual quality, meaning ganes that TRUELY look next-gen.

It' ll be interesting to see what Microsoft do at E3 this year. It' s pretty much all about Revolution and PS3 so hopefully Microsoft will drop a few BIG announcements themselves, ...anyone else thinking Halo 3?!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll