Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming
Phinehas

• Total Posts : 12
Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming - Jun 03, 2006 04:47
Something I thought was a bit interesting: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=140908.

Dang, that sounds sweet.

So my question is, are the other guys missing out on something in this next/new generation b/c they don' t have something like Wiiconnect24?
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming - Jun 03, 2006 16:08
Yeah, that' s awesome for sure! With the 360, you' ll soon be able to qeue up demos and trailers, and then continue playing. This is a FAR cry from what Nintendo is doing, though! Man, I can' t wait to hold my Wii in my hands!! I' ll play with it for months, for sure!

Hey, why are you guys laughing...?
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming - Jun 04, 2006 12:18
Am I the only one not sold on this idea at all? Personally I hate the idea of being force fed software that I don' t need/want. Sounds like virtual junk mail to me.

How does my poor internet connection fare against this? I already max out the total download/upload limit every month so the last thing I need is one more demo/promotion/content update downloading every day/night.

Hopefully they will include a way to turn this off.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming - Jun 04, 2006 20:46
ulnucky - that' s just stupid - It' s pretty obvious that you don' t have to use it.

The idea is awesome if you ask me- they can change games without you knowing that - so you can get back to a city in FF and have 5 more quests waiting for you there.

If some bugs exist in games they can be eliminated without you even knowing that.

It' s a great way of doing PC kind of thing in a " console" way.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming - Jun 05, 2006 02:02
As much as i trust nintendo, i still don' t like the idea of a direct source in and out of my house always open. Yeah, i' d download stuff every day to my Wii, but my wii would do it on my time, with my permission.

Sorry, this is what you get after finishing Isacc Asimov' s I-Robot.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming - Jun 05, 2006 06:50

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

ulnucky - that' s just stupid - It' s pretty obvious that you don' t have to use it.

Don' t presume to know that. Maybe the only way you can avoid auto downloads is to not go online with your Wii. I' ve seen game companies do some crazy shit (Sony), so you never know. Although it is Nintendo so...
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming - Jun 05, 2006 08:31
The implementation of this system won' t be what they' re promising... endlessly extending the life of games. That would require teams to continue working on completed games indefinitely, while new games need to be developed simultaneously.

What' s more likely to happen is that games will have two or three updates spread out over the course of a year and a half, and then there won' t be any more new content for older games.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming - Jun 05, 2006 21:12

Don' t presume to know that

I can turn my router off :)

The implementation of this system won' t be what they' re promising

I guess I' ll trust your final judgement cause nintendo always lies [/sarcasm]

It' s just an idea and I wouldn' t care for updates 10 years from games release (even if it' s a new awesome quest)
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wiiconnect24 and Online Gaming - Jun 06, 2006 01:34
I think it' s a good idea but it' s not a technology that will sell the Wii. You know what I mean?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll