Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Splitner Cell 3! Best Looking Game Yet!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Splitner Cell 3! Best Looking Game Yet! - Feb 02, 2005 08:41
Check this stuff out at Teamxbox-

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1032/Tom-Clancys-Splinter-Cell-Chaos-Theory-Media-Blowout/p1/

Hands down, THE best looking game on the Xbox if no the best looking game on console or PC. The movies are freakin crazy and the screens are gorgeous. Seriously, I can' t get over how beautiful this game looks. It' s astounding!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
Rampage99

RE: Splitner Cell 3! Best Looking Game Yet! - Feb 02, 2005 12:03
*bump*

LOOK PEOPLE!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Splitner Cell 3! Best Looking Game Yet! - Feb 02, 2005 12:24
Haha Ya im looking, that games gots me going nuts right now. The first one had me going nuts I was like " How can it get better then this...?" then the sequal and now this. I can' t beleive how they keep topping themselves.
Rampage99

RE: Splitner Cell 3! Best Looking Game Yet! - Feb 02, 2005 12:59
The thing I can' t believe is that they are actually using the same engine as the first game. It' s just been rebuilt. Overall it still has the basic structure but the amount of effects it can handle now including normal mapping is just insane. I never thought I' d see something this graphically impressive on a system this generation. This is near cutscene quality for most games. the lighting is taken to a whole new extreme. It even casts soft shadows now. I mean, damn, just look at that sh*t.

the water effects are amazing too. I saw one image where the water had amazingly realist ripples going through it. It was the most relistic water I have seen! Absolutely beautiful! The only things that caught my eye where the soldier walking animations. They seem way to stiff. Waaaaaaaaaaay too stiff. Also in the scene with the rope bridge had the enemies floating a bit. guess I just got picky because with how a amazing it looked I started trying to analize ever aspect of the video.

I just started a gaming texture course and it ties in with the unreal engine. It' s so exciting that I' m actually going to be working with this stuff soon. My God, I can' t wait to play this game. Apparently OXM is going to be giving out a demo of the game in it' s March issue. I can' t wait!!!!
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Splitner Cell 3! Best Looking Game Yet! - Feb 03, 2005 12:43
yea it looks very good
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Splitner Cell 3! Best Looking Game Yet! - Feb 04, 2005 23:36
Yeah that does look damn good especially for a console over 2 years old.
But Unreal Engine 3.0 games wich will be on Xbox 2 and upcoming PC games will put that to shame. You should take a look at the e3 movie.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Splitner Cell 3! Best Looking Game Yet! - Feb 05, 2005 11:34
Rampage is such a Splinter Cell whore I love it! LOL..
Rampage99

RE: Splitner Cell 3! Best Looking Game Yet! - Feb 05, 2005 22:25

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

Yeah that does look damn good especially for a console over 2 years old.
But Unreal Engine 3.0 games wich will be on Xbox 2 and upcoming PC games will put that to shame. You should take a look at the e3 movie.

That has nothing to do with this. I' ve seen the e3 unreal 3 engine demo and yes, it is amazing. That is next gen technology. This is current gen and this looks almost as good as a few games shown for next gen. This is taking the current technology to its limits and it' s amazing! I' m still in shock at how amazing it looks. I just keep watching those trailers over and over. Gah! Absolute beauty!

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Rampage is such a Splinter Cell whore I love it! LOL..

You know it! Beat the first game around 14 times now and PT about 4 or 5 times. I' m playing PT over again right now.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll