Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Killzone no longer looking so hot.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Killzone no longer looking so hot. - Nov 03, 2004 04:20
http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/918762.asp

IGN - 7.5/10
Gamespy - 3/5
PSW Mag UK - 8/10
PS2 Mag UK - 9/10
Avg Ratio - 76%

Granted the two PS2 mags gave Killzone decent scores, it' s looking more and more that Killzone is just an average FPS. Add to that numerous glitches, bad AI, and so-so physics reviewers are pointing out.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Killzone no longer looking so hot. - Nov 03, 2004 04:59
And to think when I saw a vid for the game awhileback and noted that it looks slightly glitchy and the AI doesnt seem to bright, some1 responded saying that I was speaking non-sence.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Killzone no longer looking so hot. - Nov 03, 2004 05:20
I think it' s only fair to point out that the scores aren' t bad for this game. In fact, in regards to being only an " average FPS," the only FPS' s I' ve found in the recent years that have scored higher on consoles are Halo, UC, and RtCW. And the last two are only in the low to mid 80 percentile range, according to GameRankings.

I certainly didn' t expect much from Killzone, but from what I can see, it' s certainly worth playing. I won' t be spending $50 on it, but I' m making a mental note of the good reviews for when the game drops in price.

I have much higher priorities this holiday season.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Killzone no longer looking so hot. - Nov 03, 2004 11:49
Yeah, I remember stating that the AI looked pretty dumb. Everyone was like, " It' s not out yet" , blah, blah, blah. I' ll probably never play this game. IGN said that one of the reasons to play this game was to see the glitches, and that is just annoying to me.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Killzone no longer looking so hot. - Nov 03, 2004 18:08
After watching some more videos I decided to just go ahead and pick up Killzone. Honestly, I' m very impressed. The AI isn' t anything amazing, and yes there are some graphical glitches. But I didn' t experience any huge slowdown, the controls are great, and the level design is pretty darn good. Overall, even if Killzone isn' t a technical miracle, it' s still fun. And that means a lot in my book. Hopefully when I get some time I can post some real impressions later.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Killzone no longer looking so hot. - Nov 04, 2004 02:49
Thanks lotusson, that seems to be the general consensus among gamers online from what I' ve seen. I' m going to have to check it out myself, but like I said, I do have some higher immediate priorities (finishing GTA: SA and Star Ocean top the list).
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Killzone no longer looking so hot. - Nov 05, 2004 16:52
The UK OPS2 magazine has just made me not want to care about this game. I swear they were so desperate for a game they could call a Halo beater i think they started to believe it was themselves. I' m sure it' s a good game but it' s nowhere near the best PS2 FPS they have been making it out to be. OPS2M have just hyped the game to no end.
Vincent Cook

• Total Posts : 152
RE: Killzone no longer looking so hot. - Nov 09, 2004 05:29
I had no interest in it from the point OPS2 started talking about it. Nothing could beat Halo so there was no point in even taking an interest. I recently played the demo and it was ' ok' nothing special or nothing bad just ok. I might rent it, I might not
AKing

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Killzone no longer looking so hot. - Nov 10, 2004 14:12
Gamespy gave JAK III 3/5 to! Its not gonna stop me from making daxter normal again, especially when the game has got higher scores by other sites and magazines.
Im w8ing for Swedish Magazine Gamereactor (coming up in 2 days) and Kikizo games to hear their opinions about Killzone.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll