Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Jade Empire fears
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Jade Empire fears - Jan 27, 2005 21:53
I was watching the latest video at GAMETRAILERS and something stuck out to me. The hit detection doesn' t seem off per say, but it doesn' t look like there' s any weight behind the attacks. When I' m attacking I want to " feel" like I' m hitting the other person. And I didn' t get that impression from this latest Jade Empire vid. Granted it may be different once I have the actual game in my hand, but right now I' m basing this off what I see.

I also thought it was kinda odd how that guy instantly shot up from the ground after she kicked him once. Diffenetly could have used a couple more frames of animation. KOTOR was great, and JE probably will be too. But sometimes it' s the little things that can break a player' s sense of immersion.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Jade Empire fears - Jan 28, 2005 07:37
Hmm i dunno the first big hit seemed pretty good. However, towards the end it seemed like it was alil twitch. You may justify the first odd jump up on the kick she gave him...then again when she knocked him down the final time it seemed more like it was a forced animation to go with that lil in game talking segment. Some other videos I seen didnt seem to have that proble, but similar instances have occured. We' ll see in the final product. Whens it come out neways?
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Jade Empire fears - Feb 04, 2005 19:42
yea i too like feeling the hits

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages