Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo has another secret about Revo..
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 03, 2005 14:54
that' s what Myamoto San said but he added he would unveil everything in a next occasion...

ok it' s not like we' re not getting enough ...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 03, 2005 15:14
Gotta love Nintendo,like people are dying to know them,no people look at videos of ps3/xbox360 games,while mostly people are trashtalking NR control.
Im gonna buy NR,but to be honest Nintendo live in a dream world,they need to tell everyone what they gonna do and show what NR is capable of VERY VERY SOON.
Its gonna be over for them otehrwise.
Do someone here honestly belive people will skip xbox360 and then the ps3 just because NR and its tryingsa to revolutionze console industry...
N64 was nr 2,GC was 3rd,they can hardly brief anymore that company (nintendo) who gonna do the finale blow?
Themself?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 03, 2005 16:26
i was reading what he said and looks like something we dont know about the Controller, not the console. Still interesting.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 03, 2005 16:39
Nintendos idea isn' t that you should buy Revolution instead of a 360 or PS3. It' s supposed to be so unique that you will buy two or more consoles, one of them being Revolution. And since they plan to sell it at a low price, it might just work out.
If Nintendo shows everything about they controller too soon, Sony and Microsoft could easily make similar copies. I think people will buy the Revolution regardless of when the final pieces are revealed, if the price will right.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 03, 2005 17:13
Nintendo are making copyrights so that wont happen.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 03, 2005 19:30
I heard the revolution will do something. Yes, it will do something. You won' t find out what until the middle of next year. Still, it will do something.
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 04, 2005 05:53
Sony copied the analog stick, trigger buttons, d-pad, start button, select button and rumble feature with the dual shock controller. I can' t see how they wouldn' t be able to copy the Revolution controller. If Nintendo is really making copyrights, they should have done the same with all the other previous functions.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 04, 2005 06:45
They copied the GC controller a lot...
You might as well said they copied segas d-pad,select and so on.
Nintendo was first yes,but i dont think its like stealing what sony did...
Joystick was gonna happend sooner or later with the 3d graphics...so was rumble pack for a greater experience.
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 04, 2005 10:31
No they didn' t copy the GC controller at all, it was the N64 controller they copied.
They didn' t copy Segas d-pad, because Sega copied it from Nintendo. You should know that Sega never had a select button on any of their controllers.
" They joystick was gonna happen sooner or later" ? The same can be said about the new Revolution controller. Maybe in the future the same discussion can be read on a forum about how Sony copied all the features of the Rev-controller and how it " was going to happen sooner or later" .
But my point is still that Nintendo is doing the right thing to keep some secrets. It could take Sony between 6 months and a year to make something similar if they wanted to. So by showing all details in the final stages, Nintendo assures that when Revolution is released, no similar controller or functions will be released within the nearest half-year. This makes the Revolution unique for a long time, resulting in better sales.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 04, 2005 13:25

Sony copied the analog stick, trigger buttons, d-pad, start button, select button and rumble feature with the dual shock controller.

I am really getting sick of the argument that everybody and his illegitimate son has copied Nintendo. What was the first arcade game to have a joystick? Did everyone on the planet copy them by having joysticks on their arcade games, too? Nintendo copied Atari. How? Atari had a button on its controller. Nintendo then COMPLETELY RIPPED OFF Atari by featuring a button on their controller, too. Guess what else the Atari did... that' s right it played video games! The Nintendo played videogames as well. Nintendo completely RIPPED OFF Atari' s idea of a home console that plays video games. Oh wait, even Atari ripped that off from somewhere else. Either way, I am sick of Nintendo ripping off everyone else' s ideas. Nintendo copied STEREO from the Sega Mega Drive in their rip-off Super Nintendo machine. All Nintendo does is rip off other companies.

Give me a break. Give up this lame-ass argument. The videogame world evolves, not copies.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 04, 2005 16:07
Thank you Joe Red, I was gonna be a little more nice about it but your argument works fine too. LoL I don' t know who said that Nintendo are working on their copyright. ehm, even if they do, the copyright only means that other companies cannot make a controller that looks exactly like the Rev one. Copyright doesn' t actually mean that other companies can' t make a controller with the kind of technology that Nintendo is implementing. If that was the case, then even nintendo would not have made a pad with buttons or with a joystick, as atari had the rights to it.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 04, 2005 16:15
Indeed, trust Joe to take the ' no nonsence' approach. Works well too.
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 05, 2005 02:52
Hey, cool down man! You misunderstood me. I' m not saying that Nintendo hasn' t copied anything from other companies or that it' s wrong to copy them. I feel just like you about that. If you read the reply by QuezcatoL, and my other answers on this topic you' ll see that what I was doing was to defend Nintendos decision to keep a couple of secrets. This to prevent other companies from stealing their ideas before they even launch the console. I mean, even you should understand that if Nintendos ideas are copied at the same time they are releasing their console, Nintendo would be destroyed. Especially since the Revolutions success depends on the controller. You should know the whole story before you start yelling at me!
Now I' m sad and I' m gonna need buckets of ice cream to get happy again
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 5 Dec 05 11:09:17 >
ginjirou

RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 05, 2005 02:54
Hey, cool down man! You misunderstood me. I' m not saying that Nintendo hasn' t copied anything from other companies or that it' s wrong to copy them. I feel just like you about that. If you read the reply by QuezcatoL, and my other answers on this topic you' ll see that what I was doing was to defend Nintendos decision to keep a couple of secrets. This to prevent other companies from stealing their ideas before they even launch the console. I mean, even you should understand that if Nintendos ideas are copied at the same time they are releasing their console, Nintendo would be destroyed. Especially since the Revolutions success depends on the controller. You should know the whole story before you start yelling at me!
Now I' m said and I' m gonna need buckets of ice cream to get happy again
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo has another secret about Revo.. - Dec 11, 2005 15:12
It sux that it' s going to come out on November (if it' s true - but it seems like it) ...That E3 will be much more interesting then the last one - REV and PS3 :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 11 Dec 05 23:13:12 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message