Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions
Tak

• Total Posts : 3
HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions - Apr 03, 2004 22:50
im thinking about buying this game

problem is since the game is a import do i need to know how to read japanese in order to play this game?is there any english at all in the game? any way to turn subtitles on ?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions - Apr 04, 2004 05:19
Tak

RE: HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions - Apr 04, 2004 05:52
thanx, just read the review seems like its all in japanese

is there anywhere i can go to find a translation for the game/insturctions? or am i screwed
CapnCrunch311

• Total Posts : 285
RE: HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions - Apr 04, 2004 16:47
You' ll most likely be able to find a translation somewhere on the internet. Try [url]www.GameFaqs.com[/url] they might have one (though I' m not sure that they do).

BTW, have you imported games before? I' m interested in importing some games but I' m not exactly sure what I need to do to play the games legally for the least expensive price.
Terry Bogard

RE: HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions - Apr 04, 2004 19:10
To import games you either need to do one of three things:

A: Purchase the console(s) made for that region
B: Get your console modified to play imports
C: Get yourself a nice shiny boot disc. -It' s the least expensive of the option of the three but outside of the GameCube' s Freeloader bootdisc, I haven' t really heard of any successful boot discs available for the Xbox or PS2.
CapnCrunch311

RE: HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions - Apr 04, 2004 19:58
I figured those where my options. Getting my system modified sounds risky and isn' t it illegal? I' m pretty sure the only kind of disk that lets you play imports for PS2 is for DVDs, unless, like you said, there is one that' s not very well known. Then the last option, just buying an impoted console. That' d be expensive but worth it. Will a Japanese or European PS2 hook directly up to an American television or would I have to buy a special part?

Sorry for the questions, hope you don' t mind.
Tak, sorry for going a bit off topic.
Terry Bogard

RE: HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions - Apr 04, 2004 20:23

I figured those where my options. Getting my system modified sounds risky and isn' t it illegal? I' m pretty sure the only kind of disk that lets you play imports for PS2 is for DVDs, unless, like you said, there is one that' s not very well known. Then the last option, just buying an impoted console. That' d be expensive but worth it. Will a Japanese or European PS2 hook directly up to an American television or would I have to buy a special part?

Sorry for the questions, hope you don' t mind.
Tak, sorry for going a bit off topic.

No I don' t mind at all :)

Most of my consoles are Japanese imports. The Sega Saturn, Gameboy Advance SP, Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast..

No special part is needed, they hook up directly to any TV the same way the American consoles do. The power and TV hook-ups need no special modifications or parts, just direct plug and play.

I have no idea about the European units. Since PAL displays are a little different, I don' t know.

The advantage of getting the import consoles is that you' ve got 100% compatibility with import titles. While the GameCube' s Freeloader boot disc is a dream, it doesn' t offer 100% compatibility with some GameCube games as you' ll read in Kikizo' s F-Zero GX import review. And while modding consoles seems to be popular, I personally have never gone that route nor wanted to.
CapnCrunch311

RE: HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions - Apr 04, 2004 22:34
Thanks for the info. I' ll probably get an imported PS2 when I get enough extra dough laying around.
Tak

RE: HELP does anyone have initial D special Stage for ps2?? questions - Apr 05, 2004 04:47
its cool i dont mind the off topic stuff,

im getting my ps2 chipped for 75$ from a local guy that does it, i already ordered the game

question i found a walk thru of the game and the storyline but problem is its only a lil less than half cause the guy never got back to finishing it anyone know where esle i can find the walk thru??????/storyline?? i got the translation for the menu and controls.

i found this at gamefaqs

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message