Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Red steel according to Gameinformer
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 05:34
i' m tired of translating this from french to english, so i' ll translate the last part a bit later, here is the first part:

development has started shortly after E3, Ubisoft saw and made some demos before E3.

split screen like in classical deathmatches

-an original multiplayer mode will be revealded during E3.

-Vous pouvez vous tenir a n' importe quel angle par rappoort a la télé sans perdre de precision. On peut meme prendre sa telco, l' ammené chez un pote et commencer a jouer sans le moindre reglage ! you can stand wherever you want regardless of the angle you face the Tv with sans losing precision.

Les specificités du maniement revo :

« -Agitter votre épée dans tout les sens en bourrinant n' est pas efficace.. swinging your sword like an idiot isn' t efficient.

-in the final build, special movements will release combos, to stop those combos you just have to kep the remore still.

- make an X in the air and it will release a devastating attack.

-de nouveaux mouvements seront enseignés par deux mentors. new movements will be thaught by two mentors.

- one is teaching fire weapons and the other one melee attack.

-if you don' t show them your due respect , they won' t help you

-behaviors (respects/friendship) are managed with the remote.

-answers like Yes/no will be possible with remote by shaking it like shaking your head

- you can prostern before your master, by lowering the pad.

Ubi is plannig a lot more of this kind of interaction.

you can of course behave withour respect : like in half life, here is no cutscene, dialgues are played " live" , if someone is talking to you and you go away , this is an insolence.

- staying under the protection of your master is the key: he' ll give you missions that you can execute and their orders is up to you.

the goal is to recruite the boss of the other gang, if you fail they' ll join your enemy.

-. you should proove your valor by confronting them.

- there should be a mawimum of gangs by your side, without that you' ll be in trouble facing Tokai.

-masters offers training to improve your skills.

-" the more you advance in the game the more precision is required and guns get smaller"

- " the goal... 5 bullets for 5 enemies"

-when you fight with this kind of skill, the music become cooler and the atmosphere zen.

- if you fight brutaly, sounds become more violent, and the atmosphere is noisy.

-this is like an audio feedback.
Abasoufiane

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 07:15
This is the second part:

when fighting like a master you boos a gauge freez. once you start playing like a noob, it diminishes.
-when the gauge is fullyou can stop time for a brief moment and thus aiming on precise body parts of the enemies.

sparing life of a well respected boss will make you have new guns, new ways and covers etc...

« the two buttons (z1 and z2) of the small pad with the stick are for crouching and jumping. the stick serves to move and the remote serves to aim.

- unlike other FPS, that reunite Camera movement and aiming ( a la quake), the camera in red steel follow the movement of aiming with a slight delay. for exemple if you aim the remote to the corner of the screen, the camera will center the vision after 1s. this is to avoid shaking if it was like other FPS, people will get sick if they didn' t do so.

-" thanks to the remote precision, Devs will create gun fights like they were never created before.

Red steel , even if it allows to shoot everywhere on the screen , it is not like time crisis, this is a true FPS, mixing feelings of the best fps in pc and console.

sur revo ca sera de l' ordre de la seconde. according to the game designer (Oriola), it takes 3s to make 180° on consoles, 0.25s on pc' s and 1s on revolution.

their model of IA is fear, enemies will not run around obstacles, but rather jump over them.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 08:16
Y' know, this is something else i' ve already covered in my blog. In fact, i had a substantial entry up the day the screenshot hit the web, ...and then the morning after did 3 LARGE updates with pretty much all the information from the magazine.

Check it out...

http://nitrodr46on.blogspot.com/

You' ll have to scroll all the way to the bottom for the first entry, ...it just so happens to be about Red Steel, and then if you work your way up you' ll see that i' ve split the rest of the information into 3 parts focussing on; the main game, online & multiplayer, ...and the games development.

I know some of the guys here have already read it...

It might be easier to read and take in than a google translation...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 08:17
I still have a hard time figuring out how to control this game,but i will see it at e3 i presume? O_o

Thanks for the text abo.
Abasoufiane

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 08:19
that was not a google ranslation.... this is an insult...

i didn' t put a lot of effort to polish the translation but thing was too long, and it is still much better than a google translation, next time goodluck with google
QuezcatoL

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 08:22
I tell you what to do,you got that?
Now go an translate some more french magazines/news :P
Nitro

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 08:36
An insult?! Well i certainly meant no offense.

YOU didn' t put effort into posting this?! While i commend your effort, what you' ve essentially done is take an article from a website that has already been translated from Americanized English into what, ...Polish?! Then translate it back to English, or at least tried you best to do so...

All i was saying is that i covered this on Saturday, and have all the information directly from the magazine itself, split into 3 sections and have made it easily readable.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 11 Apr 06 0:36:33 >
Abasoufiane

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 09:01
it was in french

i didn' t know you already posted it

some expressions are very hard to translate from french to english that' s why it gave me a hard time.

my aim was only to bring some good information and contribute in this forum, like evreybody does... forget it
Nitro

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 09:05
No, don' t forget it. I didn' t post it here and so only those that already visited my blog will have seen it..

This game is gonna be great, it needs to be discussed in depth, especially with E3 coming!
Abasoufiane

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 09:11
i visited your blog yesterday and i didn' t see it or missed it

nad yes i feel like it' s gonna have the same impact on people like golden eye had back in the day. that game was revolutionary.
QuezcatoL

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 09:22
I visited his blog also,it had a great article made by an ATI guy ;) however it sounded very bias,but im not a person who understand technology so mayby he was right in all he said O_o V
Nitro

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 09:32

i visited your blog yesterday and i didn' t see it or missed it

It' s right at the very bottom, ...or at least starts there. Then you need to work your way up.

I visited his blog also,it had a great article made by an ATI guy ;) however it sounded very bias,but im not a person who understand technology so mayby he was right in all he said O_o V

Yeah, that' s why i steted i was staying neutral, and made the point about Ati only supplying GPU' s for Microsoft and Nintendo, ...not for Sony.

I posted it because it' s along the lines of what developers have been saying about PS3 architecture, ...but Huddy is obviously biased towards Microsoft and although his comments about PS3 are probably true, he' s just stating how he has heard it.

The point that i should have made about PS3 being " unrefined" is that PS2 was the same. It was hard to program for and required an awful lot of effort (and time) to produce really good results, which is why there' s such a broad range of visual quality in through different titles. Some dev' s manahed to get more out of it, and i don' t see why it won' t be the same with PS3.
QuezcatoL

RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 10:04
Dont get me wrong,im sure he is kind of right,or rather,belive it humself.ati and nivia are like polititans,they claim they know whats right :)
And yes i think they belive each of what they are doing is the better solution.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Red steel according to Gameinformer - Apr 11, 2006 18:42
Majik, your blog is really interesting. I recommend everyone to read it. I' ll read it as often as I can and I' m looking forward to updates.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll